cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

- Problem: Ice maker freezes over repeatedly (since day 1). Frozen ice clogs some kind of vent near the back of the icemaker, causing a fan to run non-stop until the obstruction is removed.  Happens approximately weekly. Refrigerator is properly level.

- Model Number: RF22KREDBSR

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump. Any response from Samsung?  Any troubleshooting steps I can take?

@SamsungBri @SamsungCaleb 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Love the fridge except for the ice maker.  Continue to struggle with ice dams that require weekly removal.  Time consuming and frustrating.  When will a solution be available?  Using a hair dryer to melt ice doesn't make sense and now not even coming back on reliably.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my refrigerator almost 5 years. The ice maker always freezes up. It is aggravating and hard to defrost. I have heard of others with the same problem. What can be done?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a four door fridge with flex side on bottom. The ice maker is consistently leaking and freezing over. What do I do? 
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was so happy when my husband got me a Samsung family hub refrigerator for Christmas a year-and-a-half ago. Well, it's been nothing but problems since with the ice maker. I've been defrosting it like Samsung told me to do and today, the icemaker snapped in half. I called customer support and they said unfortunately they couldn't help me ias there are no technicians in my area to come and fix it. Guess I won't be buying any Samsung products again. 15919736383798004732448863146168.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the email of the Samsung Appliance president's office <hidden>

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem,but I live in India.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also need to add that it was unplugged for 3 days and reset.  Dishwasher went out also so we just bought all new stuff.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So like many I had the freezing up issue. Well I took care of that but now the ice maker only makes about 6 cubes every day max.  Replaced the filter and lowered the temp.  No change.  What could the issue be now?