cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Faulty Samsung refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with a fridge purchased in 2017. End of 2019 the touch pad started switching by itself arbitrarily between water, crushed and cubed ice. A month later the ice frost and jamming started. Defrosting the ice room helped for a 1-2 weeks depending on usage. This fridge had all the newer parts that were called for to correct this problem except for the drip clips on the evaporator. Didn't believe the clips could resolve this problem I systematically tried each of the published repairs. The ice door and seals were checked first and all were found to be sealing properly. Sealing the ice room, didn't work. Adjusting the water inlet tube didn't work. Tilting the fridge didn't work. Installing the evaporator drip clips didn't work. Having removed the ice auger drive I ascertained that the fan was working by powering with a 12 volt battery. Seeing that the fan had 3 wires I suspected that it might be a pulse with modulating motor similar to those used for cooling-computers. Since I was having other control problems I opted to replace the main control board. I purchased an OEM board. From pulling the fridge, replacing the board,to pushing it back took about 10 minutes. The way the board and the wiring harnesses are designed it is extremely difficult to make a mistake. Really well designed. The fridge has been working for 6 weeks with absolutely no frost buildup and the touch pad problem resolved. In my opinion, I suspect there maybe a systemic problem with the fan control circuit components creating everyone problems. The board can be purchased thru a third party at a very reasonable price.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Faulty Samsung refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also dealing with Martin B. What an awful representative for Samsung. Never ever buy anything Samsung again. I am sure I am not on the good side of Martin B. 

Highlighted
Constellation

RF23M8090SR Refrigerator Ice Maker Keeps Freezing-up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really disappointed with this refrigerator purchase. After only two years, the icemaker has completely failed. It will freeze up completely and no longer make ice. You can defrost the icemaker, but this only works For 4-5 days at most, before it refreezes again and stops working. Called Samsung for support and was given the name of my local authorized Samsung appliance repair center. When I contacted them, I was surprised to learn the name of the company that Samsung had provided me did not even exist. It was only a pseudonym for a service company to use when they perform Samsung repairs. To make things even worse, they had a five week backlog before they could even come out.  I called Samsung back to obtain the name of an alternate service center in my area. When I contacted this company, I learned they did not even perform repairs in my State. 

Other than the failure of the icemaker, this has been a good refrigerator. However, I am really disappointed with the level of support that I have been able to obtain thus far. I came to further learn through another service repair center that a repair kit is available from Samsung for this icemaker defect. It involves replacement of the icemaker, defrost heater assembly, installation of waterline support brackets, and a new controller board.  All this for just over $600. All I can say is "Wow.."

Update...I just found this ABC News investigation online.  Looks like I am not alone.

https://www.10news.com/news/team-10/samsung-customers-upset-over-broken-ice-makers-and-high-temperat...

Here is another news investigation report...WKMG New 6 Orlando, FL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXIEe4SwAWE

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF23M8090SR Refrigerator Ice Maker Keeps Freezing-up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello. Have you performed any other troubleshooting steps regarding this besides defrosting the unit? Like, have you tried to reset the ice maker? Has the filter been changed recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes...not only have I defrosted the refrigerator, but I have also reset it each time.  Filter has always been regularly changed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so confused how this problem can be going on so long and across so many models. I was excited to buy a RF32FMQD until I saw that the icemaker problem has yet to be resolved. 

All that being said, I will consider making that purchase based on this fix which may be one Samsung should consider as a recall and manufacturing solution. 

https://youtu.be/WXL2sDGFkR0

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Similarly frustrated with the ice maker on RF23M8570SR. Given that I paid 3x the price of my previous refrigerator which had an ice maker issue only once in over 10 years, this is a real pity and disappointment !!!! Samsung needs a stronger response than "defrost ice maker", "reset ice maker", "change water filter" as fixes, since these do not solve what is clearly a more chronic issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm dealing with the same issue AND water accumulating under my crisper drawer.  Samsung just looks the otherway and provides no help for their defective product.  Calling and asking to speak to a supervisor is like an endless maze.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You tube has a couple of good videos on these high end but poor performing refrigerators. There was a large class action lawsuit against Samsung but it got thrown out by a judge. The issue is the seal on the ice maker, you can fix the problem fairly simply but it will still need to be defrosted about every 6 weeks. I use a hair dryer and just blow it on high and get the frozen ice melted and dry everything and put the hopper back in. I used to do this every 2 weeks.

The water under the crisper tray is a couple of issues, one the drain line is frozen where the water usually goes down to the evaporater pan on defrost cycle of the freezer which is located in the back of the refrigerator. It is quite a task to remove everything and you will have to defrost the refrigerator completely for that repair. The you tube videos are great if you are handy at doing things your self. Good luck.

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator ice maker freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! The ice maker keeps freezing up and then not dispensing ice. We have to keep emptying the ice container (which is hard to get out because it freezes shut) this has happened 4 times in the 7 months we have owned this refrigerator. Have read the other threads about solution to this but did not work for us. image.jpg