cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker on model RF261BEAESR stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same fridge but manft. date of 2012. I have reset and done all the steps. The only time it makes ice is after we pull all of the food and move it to our basement fridge, let it thaw for a day or so and it makes some ice, 1 - 2 cycles and then stops again. I have changed the filter, checked water pressure. The only thing I can think of is its frosting over? The tray is empty so it had filled once or twice and dumped the ice but never refilled. What would you recommend? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Model # RF28HMEDBBC/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Refrigerator worked fine for about 1 1/2 years, then it quit making ice and of course the Warrenty was out.  Check U-Tube videos for some information on this problem and one thing I found out was, that I wasn't alone with this problem. I followed  some suggestions and it worked for maybe a week then same thing it froze up again. It is pretty embarrassing when you have company over and need ice but then you have to tell them about the problem your having with the nice looking Refrigerator and have to buy ice to use, not very convenient to have ice for drinks. 
Just wondering if Samsung is doing anything about this piece of junk ice maker ?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Model # RF28HMEDBBC/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I watched a uTube video that showed that the housing expands or distorts when an ice up event occurs. The way to tell is if there are thin ice sheets underneath the ice tray. The tech carefully dismantled the ice maker cavity and sealed the distortions with clear silicone. The cavity has to be dry for the silicone to to work, which means unplugging it. I have to find a loner frig before I can do that, so I haven't tried it. Looking at the videos show me something else, this the same problem every Samsung through the door refrigerator has had for several generations. On this site I found that class action suits have filed over this very problem. It was very cryptic the way it read so don't know anymore.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Model # RF28HMEDBBC/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same thing happened here.. So this is obviously a manufacturer problem. Samsung????/

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker RF28HMEDBSR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

I am wondering if the ice maker issue as been resolved for this model?

I currently have condensation build up/leaky ice maker happending. 

I have defrosted and reset my ice maker. 

Issue comes back after a couple of weeks. 

I saw a service aricle ASC20170602002 posted online about the issue. 

I have my appliance registered but was never notified about the issue.

Wondering about repair options?

Model RF28HMEDBSRIMG_3914 2.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker RF28HMEDBSR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

check the support facebook page ....i just posted on tghe same issue......

https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/community/?ref=page_internal

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker RF28HMEDBSR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

its gona get a lot worse most likely.....

Highlighted
Astronaut

Faulty Samsung refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator in 2015 thinking it was too of the line. We got an extended warranty good through September 2020 Around September 2017  I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now it is completely beyond repair.l because there is so much ice. We were having to  remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.   We have had countless technicians come to "fix" it only to have the problem happen again. I've seen numerous complaints from other owners with the same icemaker problems and I can't believe that Samsung has yet to take ownership of this design flaw and provide the requisite repairs.  This is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least.  Does anyone know of any open class action lawsuits pertaining to this icemaker issue?     Or if Samsung will replace the refrigerator? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Faulty Samsung refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good luck with the process. We have a samsung as well that hasn't produced ice for a while and one of the drawers doesn't regulate temp. We tried to have them come repair the issues since it is a known defect of their product and we got to speak with Martin B. who's title is office President! If he's the office President we all in trouble. He has no care for samsung's customers or their satisfaction. He also goes against an agreement samsung had to get in 2009 with the NJ Atty General due to their reps deceitful tactics in the past. Samsung reps seem to discriminate who they help in the end and who they deceive. Hopefully you will be on the better side of things. Goodluck! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Faulty Samsung refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with a fridge purchased in 2017. End of 2019 the touch pad started switching by itself arbitrarily between water, crushed and cubed ice. A month later the ice frost and jamming started. Defrosting the ice room helped for a 1-2 weeks depending on usage. This fridge had all the newer parts that were called for to correct this problem except for the drip clips on the evaporator. Didn't believe the clips could resolve this problem I systematically tried each of the published repairs. The ice door and seals were checked first and all were found to be sealing properly. Sealing the ice room, didn't work. Adjusting the water inlet tube didn't work. Tilting the fridge didn't work. Installing the evaporator drip clips didn't work. Having removed the ice auger drive I ascertained that the fan was working by powering with a 12 volt battery. Seeing that the fan had 3 wires I suspected that it might be a pulse with modulating motor similar to those used for cooling-computers. Since I was having other control problems I opted to replace the main control board. I purchased an OEM board. From pulling the fridge, replacing the board,to pushing it back took about 10 minutes. The way the board and the wiring harnesses are designed it is extremely difficult to make a mistake. Really well designed. The fridge has been working for 6 weeks with absolutely no frost buildup and the touch pad problem resolved. In my opinion, I suspect there maybe a systemic problem with the fan control circuit components creating everyone problems. The board can be purchased thru a third party at a very reasonable price.