cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone else have issues with the ice maker constantly frosting up?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To Whom,

Our Samsung Fridge RF23J9011SR Ice Maker keeps freezing up & quitting.....Constantly!

Manufacture date April 2017.

I bought it new and it has only been in use for 2 years. Since the beginning we have had serious issue with our ice maker freezing up and stopping ice cube production.

Recently, I learned of a Class Action Suit about this very issue.

*I am politely asking that this completely annoying recurrence be remedied by Samsung.

Please reply to us with an appointment (day $ time) to replace the ice maker.

Thank you

Bruce Hoffmann

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing new here, I'm sure. Yes, it keeps freezing. Yes, exactly as it is shown on YouTube. Yes, I have tried all of Samsung's suggestions. Yes, I paid $300 to have it repaired. Yes, it worked for one month. No, it's back to business as usual. Unit is four years old. Been doing this almost from the getgo. PLEASE can someone tell me if I have any recourse on this? This was not a CHEAP fridge. I heard there is a class-action suit but many folks suggest I go to Samsung first. Thoughts? (Oh, Samusung just told me my post may be lost. Unbelievable.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung fridge ice maker wasn't working and ice/frost kept building up in the ice maker. I tried force defrost but it didn't help. The only way to melt the ice was to keep the fridge door open, which I do not want to do again since I have food in there. I have seen online that it may require sealing the gap between the wall of the refrigerator and the ice maker compartment. Can this be done without unplugging and melting the ice completely? Or any other solutions? Thanks

20200616_105426.jpg20200616_105419.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello - Here we go again. Just a few short months and again the ice maker is not working. This is like the 4th time. I cannot believe this keeps happening.

Please help!

Kareem

@SamsungBri wrote:

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. I would be happy to set up another free of charge service ticket for you. Can you just confirm your street address? Can you also tell me more about what's going on with the ice maker? Is it not making ice? Freezing up? Not dispensing?

Hello - thanks for the quick reply.

It is the same as before, it is feezing up and not producing ice or doing anything for that matter. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have read many of the posts in this forum and many of the freezing issues seem to match the same thing that is going on with ours. We bought the fridge from Lowe's, summer 2017. I have not tried any of the recommendations on how to fix the icing issue, but it seems that it will become a recurring issue. This is something that sounds like it needs to be addressed at a higher level and resolved. I am paralyzed from the waist down, confined to a wheelchair, making this problem a little more difficult due to the fact that I have to rely on others to try and defrost the icemaking unit. I have seen in some repair videos that the replacement icemaker unit has a small deicing feature that allows deicing the unit. Is this a viable fix? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model # rf263beaeww/aa

The ice maker is frozen ...again. I have been having this issue every TWO WEEKS at least! This time, I cannot even get the door to the ice maker open to remove the ice, use a hair dryer, or anything! I wish I never bought this piece of garbage! 

This all started right after my store warranty expired, of course. I see that this is a common issue. How do i fix this for good or return this for a refund???

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a 2 year old refrigerator RF22KR

we changed the water filter ( as we have done before) and now ice maker only makes 3/4 cubes.  Any ideas?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice tray not despensing ice. I have tried all suggested things to do. We have only had this fridge for a month.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am tired of defrosting and chipping away built up ice around my ice make so that it will make ice.  I know my daughter and other friends have the same problem and I look online and there are so many people having the same problem.  I had it only about six months when it started to happen and it just keeps happening so I think we should get together and file a class action lawsuit on them to give us back all our money!!!