cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF28HMEDBSR/AA ice maker frozen and jammed with ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. For about three years my Samsung refrigerator icemaker worked perfectly. Then suddenly about six months ago it began to freeze up consistently - after a few days the icemaker would be full but the icemaker would continue to make ice, so that ice would get jammed on the right upper side of the icemaker. The only fix was to run a few manual defrost cycles and to chip away the ice "jam" with a knife.

For now I can kind of work around the issue by turning off the icemaker unless I know it is almost empty - but this is not a fix. Any hints for a real fix would be appreciated. And as I noted it worked as expected for about three years. Thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

LOL This one is going to cost Samsung dearly in the future. My Icemaker has been jamming up for 2 years. The hair dryer is the only solution. Takes about 5 minutes. Make sure to put a clean dish towel in the bottom of the icemaker  to soak up all of the water that drips down. I do mine about once a week--this is a well known design problem that Samsung is ignoring. 

This will be my last Samsung appliance as they have shown they do not stand behind their products. Just read this thread.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would someone please contact me, I am having the exact same issues as the others RF28HMEDBSR/AA.

Highlighted
Asteroid

REFRIGERATOR ICE MAKER PROBLEMS RF28HDEDTSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am completely and superly frustrated with this fridge. I cannot believe a brand that I once trusted has delivered such a terrible product into the market. My ice maker in my refrigerator stops working and then I have to manually put it on defrost it and then try to pry the ice maker out. After that I have to try to risk myself being electrocuted by trying to defrost the ice with a blow dryer. Just so I can get it to work for just I see a month. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. I have family members having the same issues with there Samsung fridge. I need Samsung to replace it with a quality fridge or refund me what I paid on the fridge. Someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: REFRIGERATOR ICE MAKER PROBLEMS RF28HDEDTSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

frozen freezes every month after I defrost it...frozen freezes every month after I defrost it...

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issue. Unbelievable!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

EXACT same problem reported by my bro in Australia. On top of that, my Samsung blu ray is cycling in a bootup loop. DON'T BUY ANYTHING SAMSUNG!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sad because I always thought they were a great brand...

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have called you guys and all they want to do is charge me 100s of dollars after telling me the nearest certified technician...... I have also had a person look at it and he couldn't guarantee it because it is a common issue. I do t know why Samsung just doesn't recall these refrigerator. I had a refrigerator once and I had no problems with it all the way upt to the 19th year!!! This thing... I had it only 6 years and I been dealing with this issue for at least three years.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here!! Sick of it!! time to contact the right people to prepare the class or civil action suit! To pay a technician for their defect makes me so sad. Very disappointed...I will never purchase another Samsung product.