cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this refrigerator for two years now and the icemaker continually freezees over and will not make ice. I have to defrost it at least twice a month and that sometimes is not enough. Is there any other fix to this besides this? I am seeing a lot of other posts with the exact problem and I am very discouraged. I have been a loyal Samsung customer. All my TVs and android devices are Samsung. This refrigerator is making me second guess your products. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HELP! Refrigerator (model # RF28R7351SR/AA) is less than 1 year old and the ice maker continues to freeze (won't dispense ice as a result) and now I can't get the ice containter to open. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Refrigerator model RF28HFEDB that was purchased in Feb of 2018.    The ice maker never worked correctly from the beginning.  The ice cubes would clump up and had a cloudy film on them.  Now the ice maker quit working.   I have looked on line to see if there are any fixes and i tried some of the recommended ones with no success.  As i searched for answers and i found that there are thousands of people with the same issue.  Samsung should have had a recall and replaced the unit with one that works  I have  Samsung TV's, Tablet  for years with 0 problems but spending $2600 on the refrigerator with a terrible ice maker is unacceptable to me.  Hope they have something that can fix this issue.  I hate to go back to thoses plastic trays to make ice cubes.

Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will need to have someone came out to you for servicing let us set you you with @samsungmoderator to get started.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can a company as large as Samsung create a product with a MAJOR flaw (ice maker) and NOT offer a repair or replacement? For the money spent on a highly important appliance and supposedly able to reach a luxury level I will never buy a Samsung anything. To have so many ignored as if the design flaw or manufacturer defect did not exist is unconscionable. For now I am stuck with this over rated appliance hoping Samsung developers a conscious and fixes the issue. ☹️

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agree! I'm having the SAME issue with my samsung refrigerator! Extremely frustrating. Has anyone responded to you yet?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Refrigerator back wall icing up freezing the condensation drain. I have tried after defrosting the adaptation that Samsung came out with for the drain hole with the longer metal tab but it doesn't stop the hole fan unit from icing and clogging the drain hole. I've had to tear into the refrigerator wall countless times, is their a fix for this!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So frustrated! Same situation as many of you, may Samsung counter depth freezer KEEPS FREEZING UP AND WONT MAKE ICE CUBES. I have done everything but it continues to do it! Help!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung Refrigerator that the Ice Maker continues to freeze up and not make or dispense ice.  We have to defrost and clean it out at least 2 times per month to allow it to make ice.  We have switched to buying bags of ice as it is just not worth the time an effort.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think everyone who has a samsung refrigeratorhas this problem.   Hoping for a recall. we have been waiting since 2014!