cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker freezes constantly and now is barely making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model refrigerator is rf28hmedbsr.  Like many other people with this refrigerator, this ice maker is terrible.  We spent around 9K on all new samsung appliances 3 years ago.  I am still a fan of almost everything samsung, but the icemaker in this refrigerator is trash!  Within 3 months, the icemaker began freezing up.  I go thru the defrost mode and it clears up...for a few weeks.  Now,  it is barely making ice.  I realize it is beyond the first year, so i am sure Samsung will turn a blind eye to my concern, but this has been going on since we first purchased.  Is this the new normal for samsung refrigerators?  All of my other appliances are good (except that my dishwasher also sounds like it is churning gravel). 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker freezes constantly and now is barely making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, so that  I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerators RF28HFEDTSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF28HFEDTSR/AA Having the same problem since day one it started with ice maker freezing up then leaking out the back damaging my floor! Now it's not making ice at all and still leaking and water also collects under my drawer then freezes which causes it to smell and drawer gets stuck in the ice and won't open. This is horrible I have been dealing with the defrosting then it will work for a week if im lucky but leaks everywhere. They should be accountable for selling junk! I paid over $2000.00 for this headache something needs to be done!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Refrigerators RF28HFEDTSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They have a few problems that they have had to recall some of the parts on this same refrigerator .I have had no luck with the new parts of course it didn't fix the issue. I am pretty sure that they will have to replace or reimburse us for the letdown we spent a ton on

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Refrigerators RF28HFEDTSR/AA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue - see <Removed due to TOS violation>

My model is listed under this class action, I can only hope Samsung will listen and act.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung RF28HMEDBSR fridge ice maker doesn’t work and fan frozen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung 4 door refrigerator RF28HMEDBSR freezes up every 6 few months. We have replaced pieces and also done the online fixes like tilting it.  We have also had ice maker replaced twice.  We haven't had ice in years. Sadly this can't even be my garage fridge. I just don't know what else to do. I am going to have to go spend another $2,500 to get another fridge  and gonna have to pay someone to haul this thing away. Would love for Samsung to compensate us in some way for all the money have paid for repairs and all the food that has spoiled and been thrown out when it suddenly quits working every few months. As I type this it is defrosting yet again and we had to throw out our warm food.  I need a working fridge and I won't put anymore money into this one! Please send me a new fridge Samsung we can't battle this thing anymore.

Once we get back panel off it looks like thisOnce we get back panel off it looks like this

We can finally get ice maker box out 24 hours after defrosting and using hairdryer. It does this within 5 days. This has been replaced twice already.We can finally get ice maker box out 24 hours after defrosting and using hairdryer. It does this within 5 days. This has been replaced twice already.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung RF28HMEDBSR fridge ice maker doesn’t work and fan frozen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number and any previous ticket numbers you may have? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

icemaker problems RF28JBEDBSG

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WE have had a problem almost from the beginning of our purchase. I see on the internet that it is a serious problem for Samsung. THe icemaker freezes up and has to be thawed out, no easy, and a couple of weeks later does it again. Now it is not working at all. We paid in excess of $3000.00 for this nice appliance and hopefully Samsung can do something to help us out, short of buying a new refrigerator, not Samsung. Give me a suggestion on how this problem can be fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung RF30KMEDBSR ice maker not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this item on Jan 2019 and after a month of using the fridge , the Ice maker got stuck and the ice is not coming out of the dispenser and the ice tray is completely struck with ice and not coming out .
I need to power off the refrigerator to get the ice tray out of the Fridge and use it ... its frequently happening and now I completely shut off the ice to avoid any freezing issue and turn on when I would need the ice . But now even though I shut off the ice , the tray is not coming out .

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung refrigerator RF23M8070SR

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung RF23M8070SR and the ice maker has started to jam up with ice and the refrigerator is only 2 years old!  I have to get a hair dryer to defrost the ice maker (not safe!) and reset it, only to have it happen again a couple days later.  I've done all of the trouble shooting that is recommended by Samsung.  I've been researching and it appears that this problem is rampant with this Samsung ice maker/refrigerator for many years.  It appears that there was a class action lawsuit and Sumsung put out a service bulletin to replace the ice maker.  Samsung please help!  The fridge has been great with the exception of the ice maker.  I spent way to much money on this refrigerator to have to buy bagged ice.