cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker replaced 3 times

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello the PM link you gave me was dead.  Please send a new one so I can supply the required information.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker replaced 3 times

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung 

I had same problems everyone experienceing with frost and ice jamming.
The ice bucket and auger assembly were the latest so I worked from there to resolve the issue.

1. sealed the ice room......problem persists.

2. pulled auger assembly, checked fan motor to ascertain it worked...running fine with 12VDC.

2a.  With auger Assy  removed checked the water inlet tube. Found it properly positioned.
3. installed drip clips on ice maker evaporator coil.....problem persists.

4.checked dispenser door and ice bucket sealing...all sealing well.

5.tilted refrigerator .....problem persists

Now comes my deduction.
I noticed that the ice room fan had a third wire. Well, on computer fans, which are similar, this is usually an indication of a PWM motor which changes speed dependent on temperature. Nowhere could I find how to check the fan while the fridge is running...nowhere.  My deduction was to first replace the main

control board. Well, that did resolve the ice maker frosting up. It's been 2 months and not a hint of frost and more than enough ice. It is opinion the ice room fan operation is critical in keeping frost from building and jamming of cubes. Somehow, Samsung must find a way to determine the ice room  fan operation when all the parts are in place and fridge running.

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator Model RF23HCEDBSR Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the last year, my ice maker has had issues and now it won't work at all. Of course, now it is out of warranty due to me waiting too long to complain. 

Any advice on fixing it? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23HCEDBSR Ice Maker Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that, is your ice maker freezing up? Also how long has this been occurring? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On and off for over a year then completed stopped working the last 3 months.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

RF23HCEDTSR keeps freezing over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a split door Samsung refrigerator that keeps freezing up on the fan causing the refrigerator to be emptied, unplugged and manually defrost.  This has happened several times over its lifetime but now it happening every 2 weeks.  I see several options on line for part replacement and service visits and no success.  Extremely frustrated and very disappointed in this purchase.

Is there a documented solution to this problem?

Model:  RF23HCEDTSR

Manu date:  10/2014

Highlighted
Astronaut

Icemaker frozen and stuck

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung french door refrigerator and the icemaker is frozen.  I'm unable to remove the tray because of that.  I've done the force defrost (twice) and nothing happened except that everything in my refrigerator started sweating.  Anyway, Is there any relief from the company on this issue?  My fridge is not in warranty but a simple google search will show this is a problem for many people.  Not to mention there's a class action lawsuit!  thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator in June 2016 and the warranty expired in June 2017.  Around September 2017 I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now every couple of weeks I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is encapsulating the icemaker.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser.   I've seen numerous complaints from other owners with the same icemaker problems and I can't believe that Samsung has yet to take ownership of this design flaw and provide the requisite repairs.  This is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least.  Does anyone know of any open class action lawsuits pertaining to this icemaker issue?     

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23J9011SR/AA ice maker issues

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the exact same issue, and now will no longer make ice. Just stopped working. Had a company come look at it and quoted me $500 to replace the ice maker. Any solution would be wonderful and am also interested in any kind of class action suit. We have the same 4door Samsung fridge.