cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Many complaints/lawsuit over the freezing-up of the icemaker.  Can this be remedied?  My 4-door refrig. is less than 3 years old and ice forming in ice maker and no ice is being made.  Help?!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker is freezing up.  It has been doing this for a long time.  We have called Samsung twice and tried the trouble shooting method, but it is not working.  We purchased this in Nov. 2015.  Make this right Samsung.  I know there are many with this issue, and there is a lawsuit now.

28.07 cubic ft. French Door Refrigerator 

Model# RF28HFEDBSR

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have the same model They wouldnt help us either. Actually blamed my wife for the problem..!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By now, it is a common knowledge that samsung frige ice makers have a design flaw. I have a french door fridge (RF23J9011SR/AA) that I bought in 2015, and the ice maker has been giving me problems ever since. It keeps on freezing up, and the only way to get it to work would be to manually remove the ice build-up, which would take good 20-30 minutes. I have to repeat the process every few days and only having ice that I can actually use for just a couple of days. When it was still under the warranty, they sent a technician who sealed the ice compartment, they also sent me a new ice tray on a different occasion hoping it would solve the problem. I remember having another issue and another service call, but can't find the details (I believe the coil frozen up). This whole thing is very frustrating and tiring. As of right now, the ice maker is so frozen up that I cannot even remove the tray anymore. I realize there is a class action lawsuit going on, but it seems to be dragging for years, and I am so annoyed having to buy ice while I have a $3k fridge at home. I have read similiar horror stories, but I'm not sure if people are getting anywhere, and how long they are willing to put up with this until samsung does something about it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem and Samsung doesn't seem to care.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have had continuous issues with this ice maker since day one as have many others.  Have to make sure am constantly emptying ice or will freeze up. Have to remove ice build up every so often. Ice making started slowing down and now has stopped completely!  Please help - I can't believe you can spend so much for a refrigerator and it comes with so many issues.  I have reset it, waited 24 hours - removed all ice build up, etc....

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fight this battle weekly and now a new one....frozen drain line and water damaged floor.  When are they going to own up to this and stop with the canned answers?  4 years old and I am ready to put it to the curb....JUNK

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello Samsung:

In 2015, I purchased a Samsung Refrigerator, Model #RF28HFEDBSG/AA, from HomeDepot with an extended warranty. In July 2020, my refrigerator started giving problems so I called HomeDepot and they put me in touch with Service Quick, Wilmington MA.

My refrigerator started making noise and then stop working properly - freeze was not cooling properly, I was told the issue of overcooling or icing issue.

Anyway, I got the serviceman after two weeks of waiting, imagine not having your refrigerator for two-plus weeks during the summer.

The serviceman of Service Quick, name Andy, came on July 22 and said you guys did describe your problem properly, I don't have parts for it, I am not going to fix this and left. (This Andy was unprofessional and outright rude, no one should allow this guy in their home.)

Now after two weeks I still don't have my refrigerator fixed, the service company is not sending anybody for another two weeks.

The question I am asking myself, in the future, why should I buy any product of Samsung? Samsung's service is horrible. And their third party service providers are worst.

Now I am lost - whom should I contact? Everybody points to somebody else. 

I hope Samsung feels like helping me.

Sanjay H

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

My Refrigerator has an ice

maker that continues to freeze up and not produce any ice.   It has been an ongoing issue that has even involved a service visit and still is icing and freezing up.  It is so disappointing to have such a nice expensive refrigerator and have no ice.   Also the fridge is not cooling now.  The inside temperature is not at all close to the 37 degrees it is set to.   Please help !!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so i know many of you have had issues with the ice maker freezing. I wanted some input.  My icemaker has been freezing up for about 2 years.  it seems like eery 10 days i have to clear ice of defrost, eventually it just stopped making ice. i would hit the reset button, and it would make ice for 1 cycle and then stop. i did notice that my icemaker off light no longer comers on either.   i called a repairman. they came out and appaerentl replaced the icemaker and installed a kit to prevent it from freezing.   they told me to wait 48 hours. well its been over a week and still no ice.  i hit the reset button and it cyled through just like before .  Help