cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't buy Samsung refrigerators.  Factory defect.  I spent 3k and it has never worked.  Spoiled food temp is 54 degrees. No ice maker water leaking. Lost thousands in food.  Been trying to get a refund and they sat out of warranty.   It's a factory defect.   Can't be fixed. I have called so many times in last few months.  They just give me the runaround.    Don't buy!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes mine has a problem with the ice

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was very happy with my fridge, until the icemaker started completely freezing up. I purchased my fridge as part of a whole suite of Samsung products in November on 2017. I have searched the web and have seen that there are many, many complaints on this issue. When I saw there was a class action suit pending last year, I was hopeful for a reasonable solution. So far, no recall. The problem is getting worse and worse; I am spending an entire day trying to defrost this thing every 3 weeks or so. This is intolerable!  I found your service bulletin ASC20170602002 which seems to have a solution, but the cost is over 500.00, which is ridiculous given the cost of this appliance and the fact that the issue is a known manufacturing defect. I would like to know what can be done to resolve this situation????

Help. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have two Samsung fridges, a RF28JBEDBSG/AA and a RF25HMEDBSG/AA and both have the same issue where the ice maker freezes up and stops working. I have had the ice makers turned off for the last year and a half as I was tired of dealing with it. After contacting samsung I was told the repair would be around $400 each since they are now out of warranty. That is rediculous to spend on something that has a TSB attached and is a known defect. Are their any recalls in place to address these issues? I see a US class action lawsuit, is there also a Canadian one? In all honesty I am pretty disappointed with the quality of these products. My Samsung stove has now has burners fail twice as well, first one in warranty and replaced but it has since failed again. 

If anyone knows of any fixes that work I would love to hear them. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF28JBEDBSG/AA   Serial  <hidden>

Ice make freezes up continuously.  Need help now.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung refrigerator hasn't made ice in quiet some time. I have researched and seen the "quick fix" and it doesn't work. I have also seen class action lawsuits filed on this same topic. Any help you can give or have a service technician come to my location and fix?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours is currently doing the same. Dispenses a teaspoon on water before dispensing ice. Also, the ice box is always freezing and we have to always look and make sure it isnt frozen over so it keeps working. The fridge is not even a year old. 

Also bought a front loader Samsung Washing machine, terrible products. Will never make this mistake again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reset top ice maker, turned the bar, unplugged the refrigerator for 10 min and it still shows ice off- tried the ice off button and it doesn't go off

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my ice maker has completely froze shut. completely unusable

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like many others, we are having continuous issues with the Ice Maker. The design issue seems to have no bounds. We either have to clear the ice jams and then defrost the ice maker, or go without ice until the ice maker decides to turn back on and run. We have reset the ice maker time and time again. We replace the water filter on a regular basis, Keep the refrigerator at a nominal temperature of 37* F and the freezer at 0* F.

We have the RF28JBEDBSG/AA model with Serial Number <hidden>. 

We love the refrigerator except for this continuing issue. Having read the large number of complaints from others, seeing the YouTube videos of same and the ongoing actions, we now wonder did we misplace our belief in Samsung?