cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

I bought this fridge brand new in 2016 the next year it stopped making ice. Does anyone know how to fix this i habe warched youtube videos but none of them compare to what i am going threw. Thanks

Highlighted
Asteroid

We have the same problem. The only way to fix it is to run a "Fast Defrost" on it once a week. I have the French Door model with the small drawer between the upper doors and the freezer. You have to hold down Filter Reset and Lighting buttons until you see a prompt.  Press the lighting button until you see "FD". This will start the fast defrost (I'm doing mine as I type this). It takes 20 minutes and beeps the whole time. If the ice maker is only frozen over a little bit, one fast defrost will take care of it. Sometimes I have to do it twice in a row to fix the problem. This is the only solution to this excruciatingly bad problem with Samsung. If they could fix this issue, I would be very happy. This is the only thing about the fridge that I don't like.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung now has a program to cover the cost to repair ice makers that are freezing over and not dispensing ice.  This has been a known issue for years--Samsung has been issuing service bulletins specific to this issue for a variety of models since 2017. 

Even if your ice maker isn't experiencing problems call Samsumg to get their replacement kit installed at no cost before this program expires.  You might run into the issue in the future--my ice maker started freezing over six months after my warranty expired, and my refrigerator was serviced one week before their reimbursement program started on August 1st.  Samsung won't cover my repair cost. 

Highlighted
Constellation

When does the program end?

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't know.  I wouldn't delay contacting them as based on reading all the other comments this issue could pop-up at any time.

Highlighted
Constellation

Just bought fridge June 2019, and now the ice maker is not working. I called Best Buy thank goodness I have a warranty, however SAMSUNG has no provision for a cooler to send customers? This obviously is a known issue since there is a class action, and recall, I am not happy.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice Maker Stuck

Our ice maker will not come out.

Model RF28R 7351SG

It has been thawing for hours! No help. Please contact us ASAP. This fridge is less than a year old. 
we have tried everything that has been recommended on this page and online. Nothing works. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker issues- lawsuit?

I've got the same issue with a similar model. I started looking into replacing the icemaker and discovered I am far from being alone and that Samsung is doing everything they can to NOT address the problem. Anyone know how to either:

1. Get Samsung to repair their defective product

or

2. Join the lawsuit

We bought the Samsung appliances since we are fans of their mobile devices and watches, but if they can't take responsibility for defects then I am done with all of their product lines.

Highlighted
Constellation

our ice maker has stopped working. I cant get the freezer bin out to look at it

I cant get to the ice maker because you have to remove the freezer bins first. I cant figure out how to remove them. The door doesn't open far enough to remove.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have a RF28JBEDBSG French Door refrigerator that has the ice machine that keeps freezing up as well. I have spent over $500 dollars with repair companies trying to fix this stupid thing and nothing works. I know Samsung is in the middle of a class action lawsuit over this stupid problem. You would think they would just do the right thing and either fix it or give me my money back so I can get a fridge that actually works properly. 

Samsung, here is your chance to make it right...