1,252 REPLIES 1,252
Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes same thing with me

Yes same thing with me

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Yes same thing with me

yes, I have the same issue with my Samsung fridge and the ice maker. I can't find anything about a fix for this.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same problem with mine.  I defrost the ice maker and less than a week later it is frozen over again.  This is ridiculous.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine is doing the same (at least monthly) and now the fast defrost function no longer works.  Cost is over $600 to fix so will just buy a portable ice maker.  This is a problem Samsung has been aware of for years - as evidenced by the class action suit on this issue.  Time to invest in a much cheaper portable ice maker for a solution. Everything else on the fridge works.  When it needs replacement, it won't be a Samsung.  They make great TVs and phones but their refrigerators are horrible.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

I just wanted to post an update and say that Samsung came out within days of this post and fixed my ice maker. I had zero expectations when I posted this - hoped maybe someone would have some magical advice but never imagined Samsung would respond and come out and fix the issue. I'm a happy customer and incredibly thankful. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Constellation

What did they do to fix?

Highlighted
Constellation

In or out of warranty?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Constellation

It will happen again, they did the same thing with ours.

Highlighted
Constellation

I, too, have a Family Hub fridge that has the ice maker freezing problem. The ice maker was replaced approx. 1 year ago and all gaps sealed with silicone. The only improvement has been the unit no longer leaks water into the fridge compartment. I have to use a hair dryer on the ice maker about once every two months, or less. I don't remember reading in the owner's manual about needing to thaw the ice maker with a hair dryer!