Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 09-21-2020 07:16 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
useriaEbKiMn8d
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have tried all the recommnded solutions and still have the same problems(noises and frozen ice maker). This is clearly a design issue and has been going on for quite some time. How do we get a refund for this refridgerator(two years old)?

userHsgWHOlq5p
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My freezer is not making ice. I have reset the ice maker, changed the filter, and un-plugged the fridge for 2 minutes. The water on the fridge side is working fine. The ice maker will make a few cubes, but that is it. Please let me know what else I need to do. 

0 Likes
gjbailey
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our ice maker keeps freezing up. This appears to be a very well known issue. This needs to be recalled ASAP. 

userjHRIVWBO4V
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung will not help you. Sorry bro. Mine and my friends with Samsung brand refrigerator ice maker are all defectives.

userc8eu8JEIeo
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Fridge Info

Ice maker has always had a problem with freezing up. Have had to defrost it at least once a month. More frequently now. Now it has developed an annoying tick tick tick tick noise that will last for 5-10 minutes go away for awhile then come back. It wakes me up all hours of the night. I've recently defrosted it yet again and still making the ticking noise. Need Help fast before I lose my sanity.

userw7cmOhpofK
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

***TRY THIS FIX, IT WORKED FOR ME!***  I  had the same problem with the icemaker freezering up and no ice.  Inherent issue with all the different Samsung models with icemakers in the fridge.  Then I found this video on line after hours of viewing other temporary fixes such as, code resets, blow dryers and ice picking!  Ice would dispense for about a week before the problem would resurface. The problem is when you initially set up the fridge, it is either left alone on the wheels or leveled with the adjustable casters.  This setup causes the icemaker to to overflow when filling with water, dripping over the right side, freezes and stops dispensing when the buildup of ice blocks the sensor mounted near the front.  The solution is that the fridge needs to be tilted back about 1/4" by raising the front casters to keep water from overflowing.  Make sure you start fresh with a defrosted icemaker using the force defrost. It's been over a month now with fresh ice and just a light frost on the underside and right side of the dispenser. It should be noted that the creator of the video stated that this worked for a few months for him before problems resurfaced.  I'm hopeful this solves my problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SZrGZq_60

userHmBKVETEHd
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've contacted service 3 times to fix this problem.  Warranty company won't consider this a lemon because they said it's my fault that it freezes up.  Continue to explain to them that this is a known issue with 1000s of complaints.  Every 2-3 weeks I have to use a steamer to clear the frozen ice in the ice maker.  I've contacted Samsung a couple of times and they said I have send repair person.  I DO NOT WANT IT REPAIRED!  I WANT A REPLACEMENT!  There is no recall on this refrigerator.  I have 4 SAMSUNG appliances in my house all bought at the same time when I remodeled my kitchen.  Can someone from Samsung help me?

userg1rV40NYAs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue. We constantly have to thaw it out. I'm very disappointed in all the known constant issues I have had with my Samsung appliances within the first year. 

userHFYfqHSbv8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I also have the same issue with the icemaker freezing over. The icecubes get hung up next to the sidewall and don't drop into the bucket.  This issue has been going on for well over a year and is extremely frustrating. A previous poster suggested partially closing the water valve behind the fridge to reduce water pressure. I just tried that and we'll see how it goes. I too would like to get on the class action suit. This is absolutely unacceptable for a home appliance. this model has ice maker that constantly freezes over

userNtSXhdj1nD
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

my samsung model # RF28HMEDBSR 

ice maker jams up stops producing ice and freezes up to a block of ice.

this has happened multiple times! Looking for a soulition hoping for a recall on this very dissapointing product.