Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 09-28-2020 04:48 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
userB7ZiA0Ixkk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Apparently you need to go to your local TV station and complain in order to get a refund from Samsung https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2019/11/04/samsung-refrigerator-owners-frustrated-with-ice-makers-...
I've been force defrosting my ice maker for the last year because of these issues...

user7kNTwIogCt
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My IceMaker in my freidg makes Icebergs every 2 weeks  and wont make cubes, I thaw it out and it last 2 weeks.  has anyone found one maybe aftermarket that has correcteed the flaws or does samsung have an updated version. I now own a Table top Ice machine and its kind of odd when people ask why I have a table top ice maker becuse they know by the looks of the Fridage it for sure makes Ice. I did see some guy on Amazon said he bought one and did some mods and he has had no issues. What the model number for the Ice maker in this ? Maybe ill mod one and see if it work

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link, and I will look in to this for you.

0 Likes
userzm1Zq5ctBZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have been dealing with the French door 4 door Refrigerator bought from Costco, same issue as everyone else, I have to keep breaking ice buildup EVERY other day and keep on top of it. I've been doing this for past year.  Please advise.

user0zMU9C8eGC
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why is My icemaker freezing up all the time. I had attempt to call Samsung and they told me it was not on the warrantee. I purchased this in August 2018. I googled this and it seems like all your Samsung icemaker seems to have a problem. The weather's been very hot and we haven't been getting enough ice.  Is there anyway that we can resolve this. 

userp3nS2Hlafr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I sue a steamer quicker than a hair dryer have been doing this for 5 years now samsuck on 3rd ice maker they sealed ice maker box they cut water fill tub back and turned water supply to a trickle takes for ever to get a glass on water now
0 Likes
userkbSUi5acjT
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My ice maker KEEPS FREEZING. I take the try out, do the automatic defrost (that beeps contiually for over 20 mins.) I have to repeat this process serveral times, only to have it freeze up again in a week... I am SO FRUSTRATED!

user7ZnjLyqdlG
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Like everyone who purchased a model RF28JBEDBSG/AA french door refrigerator, my ice maker has been freezing up from week one.  Has anyone found a solution or an easy way to defrost (weekly)?

With this problem being so flagrant and common, I would have expected some resolution by now........

user6vkimXAopk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same here. I'm so sick of it. 

RF30HBEDBSR/AA  S/N <hidden>

user1tespiuVYh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Call 1-800-Samsung and they will send someone out. Don't pay a single penny. It's a known issue. Go on Facebook and look up Samsung recall. There's a group with over 25k members with the same issues. They'll help you out.