cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I had this problem recently and called tech support. they sent a repair guy out and he Replaced a board and installed a brand new ice maker. Reset all my settings and no more problems. The repair guy was straight from Samsung.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Within weeks of getting our refrigereator the icemaker stopped working -- we had it repaired and in about a month it stopped again -- the Samsung repair guys said - we can't come back again -- and of course it stopped about a month or so after they fixed it the second time -- My refrigerator is less than three years old and it is ridiculous that Samsung will not stand behind it and repair it again --- I love the rest of the refrigerator but at this rate I would never buy Samsung again -- and when we bought it we bought all new kitchen appliances -- all Samsung  -- so sorry now that we did this ---  they repaired twice and now won't come back -- such horrible service from Samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

RF28HMED Ice Maker Issues since day 1

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker hasn't worked since day 1 and now I hear that you have known what the issue is due to the water line being crammed in too far at installation by your employees. How come you didn't just fix this simple issue way back ? I also understand that you've been repairing these due to the class action suit surrounding this ridiculous issue. Mine needs to be repaired. This defrosting and using a hair dryer to get it work for 6 hours and freeze back up is insane. I've now watched a repair company fix an exact model as mine due to this law suit and the issue surrounding the repair is so minor, it  me off beyond measure that you've let this go on for so long. People pay you $3k for an appliance that you new was impaired and you've alienated your customers for doing business with you. The gloves are off and the bs stops today.

Schedule my repair now ! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: RF28HMED Ice Maker Issues since day 1

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You'd have to contact Samsung personally to get something done.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I go about doing this ?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
call Samsung care or text them at 62913
Astronaut

Icemaker RF263BEAESG/AA refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So our icemaker stopped.  Needs to defrost.  My questions are:

1.  How to do a forced defrost?

2.  How to reset the icemaker?

3.  How to stop the fd and return to regular operation?

Thank you

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, There are a few factors that can cause an ice maker to not work. If the ice maker appears to not be making any or enough ice, low water pressure or a faulty water filter may be to blame.

Let's see if we can get this resolved for you.

Check to see if there is ice in your ice bucket.

If there is ice in your ice bucket, but it won't dispense, see the link below: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001875/

Verify the ice maker is turned on.

Most models have an Ice Off icon, which will light up when the ice maker is off. For ice production, change it so it's not lit.

Replace the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator:

Samsung recommends that you change your water filter every 6 months. If your water filter has not been changed in the last 6 months feel free to purchase one on Samsung.com or samsungparts.com

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00060149/

Check the dispenser's water pressure.

• Dispense water into a measuring cup for 10 seconds. You should get at least 6 ounces (3/4 cup) or more.
  • If you get less than 3/4 cup, your water pressure is too low. A potential cause might be a clogged water filter, so remove your water filter and try again.

If your ice maker is frozen over we recommend defrosting the unit by unplugging it or turning it off at the breaker and then performing the reset step below.

Reset the ice maker.

• There is a test button on the ice maker. (Most models will require you to remove the ice bucket to view the ice maker.) You can typically find an illustration of the location of the test button in your user manual. Once you find this button:
    • Press and hold the test button until you hear a chime (which may take up to 10 seconds).
    • The test takes about 6 minutes. During the test cycle, you will hear ice drop into the bucket and the water valve energize to fill the ice maker.
    • At the end of the test, another chime will be heard.

Note: If the ice maker does not chime when you press the button, or if it does not chime at the end of the test, unplug the refrigerator or power it down at the circuit breaker, wait 2 minutes, and power it back up. Watch the display for any error codes. Then, try the button again. If it still does not chime, visit our Support Center to request service.

Allow 24 hours after the reset for ice production to get back to normal.

• You should see some ice production much sooner, however, it may take the full 24 hours for it to return to normal production amounts (approximately 2 trays of ice every 3 hours).
  • Be sure to dispense ice occasionally during this period. If ice piles up at one end of the bucket, the ice maker will think it is full and stop ice production. Find more information in the "Ice maker is making some ice but not enough" section.

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

You are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number in order to see if the unit is within the warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent by visiting any mod's profile. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung refrigerator ice maker freezes over. Use hair dryer to defrost. Repeat every two months. 4 year old fridge. Out of warranty. Very frustrating. Request help from Samsung to fix or replace the ice maker.  Model is RF263BEAEBC. Made in Dec 2016.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Take control