Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 11-17-2020 09:10 AM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
useruiTB8X9C4G
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thanks, since this morning I managed to chip most of the exterior ice, but it seems like the last batch is stuck before exiting to the side.

user9J9qvVxrAE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have exactly the same problem with my fridge but Samsung accepted it as a warranty failure.... my problem now is that the costumer services is the worst in the planet, I have from 9/21 trying to get an appointment to fix the problem

userTk41XAKxrh
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue. Samsung moderator can u help witg this?

0 Likes
CYbold
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same problems have started recently with my 2.5 year old fridge RF28HFEDBSR/AA.   Continues to freeze up every couple weeks.  Very frustrating as this is clearly a design flaw.   I found this YouTube video showing several potential issues and solutions.  I have not yet pursued any of these however.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G85u6X62sPg

We built a new house 2.5 yrs ago and spent at least $7500 and purchased all new Samsung appliances for Kitchen and basement bar as well as 2 new Samsung TV's.  I will never purchase Samsung again.  I should have listened to a friend who recommended KitchenAide.

• Upstairs Fridge: Ice maker freezes up
  • Downstairs Fridge:  Buzzing - sounds like fan blades are contacting something
  • Oven:  Fried circuit board - i had to pay tech to come replace it; per technician likely was a mfg defect on a solder joint but was after warranty
  • Dishwasher - anoying noise began 6-12mo old; see previous post with no resolution here:  https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Kitchen-and-Family-Hub/Dishwasher-DW80M9550US-buzz-hum/m-p/12489...
  • 75" TV - i had to have LCD replaced because of discoloration (this was covered *mostly* by warranty, except I had to pay for labor)

0 Likes
userFQBS2T7LiP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Icemaker freezes up all the time. Stops making ice and have to reset it, many times that does not work and I'm not sure why. Have to reset it multiple times in order for it to start making ice again. We did it so much the ice container part/drawer you pull out cracked! Now it freezes up more and I have to literally chip ice out of the top that doesn't fall into the cracked ice maker drawer, reset it and pray it works. I'm SOOOOO Tired of this. I looked up the part to replace the cracked drawer and its $145 on Amazon. I haven't ordered it because even if I replace it I still have to go through all of this just to see if it will work again. I spent thousands of dollars on your product and its amazing how many posts I see that show this icemaker has a design flaw causing all of this. WHAT CAN I DO?

0 Likes
userluzE3gZFh5
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just like everyone else, the icemaker needs to be chiseled out once a month. It is terrible.

0 Likes
userWDOmUov3zG
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

https://youtu.be/7F1IzwiIyAE 

Ice maker repair video.

0 Likes
user4T79y9P0tu
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yeah, it seems the service kits do not match my serial number but have the same issue.  I hope Samsung will respond with a solution of part numbers.

0 Likes
userwcbdNyNn3S
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung Refridgerator coils keep icing up causing fam noise.  I have had repair guys thaw it out multiple times ask it is now happening at least 1 time every two months.  Also the ice make always freezes up.  This is very frustrating To continually have to thaw out the fridge.  

0 Likes
user0PIUhrfbzY
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had numerous issues with the icemaker on my RF28HMEDBBC/AA with serial number <hidden>.  It started icing up immediately upon purchase.  Within a month, a service tech had to replace the icemaker because it froze and broke a piece that operates the auger.  He also used RTV to seal the icemaker box from the refrigerator.  Since then, I have had to defrost the unit about every two weeks because it would freeze up and stop making ice.  Now it no longer makes ice.  I have defrosted it use the forced defrost option and still no ice.  I change my water filter every six months and see no issues with water pressure.  This is an ongoing issue in many Samsung icemakers.  Is there a long-term fix for this?