cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have Samsung refrigerator model RF28HDEDBSR, serial number 1C211312 and have been experiencing ice maker freeze up issues for several years.  Every 2-3 weeks I need to defrost the ice maker to resolve the problem.  Is there a permanent solution for this very frustrating issue?

Thank you 

Explorer

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm gonna say no They've been out to repair my refrigerator over 20 times It's never been fixed!! Finally <edit> they gave me a full refund And let me keep the fridge

Constellation

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I've read most of the troubleshooting comments, and most don't include all the info I need. Many of the community comments also don't go quite far enough.

MODEL:  RF4287HARS 4 door frig.

My icemaker stopped working. I removed the container to make sure there was no freeze-up. There wasn't so I pressed and held the reset button. Even after 20 seconds, there was no "BEEP."

About 24 hours later, I tripped the breaker for 10 minutes. Turned it back on and reset. Still no BEEP.

There is sound coming faintly from the frig. It sounds like a pigeon "cooing" back there, but no ice.

It seems like I need to replace the icemaker itself, BUT, is there something I should check first?

Thank you all.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've conceded to using a hair dryer with a dish towel laid in the bottom, its a known problem . I'm resolved to not purchase a Samsung Appliance in the future.

Constellation

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker is freezing and I found out this is a problem with a lot of fridges any luck in getting a easy fix?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use a hair dryer ,with the tray removed , put a dish towel in the bottom . takes maybe 10 min.
reinstall the tray. This will be the last Samsung Apliance I will Ever Purchase.

Asteroid

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our ice maker freezes up almost weekly and requires the ice to be melted and chiseled out before it begins working again.  I know this is out of warranty, but is there now a repair for this that lasts?  If so, how much is it?

Thanks

Astronaut

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker keeps frosting up and it drips. I have defrosted it and reset the ice maker, but it continues to happen. 

Astronaut

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

leaking freon try checking for leaks could be to low or not enough freon in your copper it happens when the company's workers forget to do the final check up.

Asteroid

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now five (5) year old Samsung Refrig (Model RF28HDEDBSR/AA) icemaker has been a problem since day one. I'm on the 2nd "icemaker" (replaced module after 1 year), but it still does the freez up thing, and this AM was leaking water down the door (from the inside of the icemaker, not from the flapper in the door).

I've been defrosting this stupid thing every few weeks for the past half decade... but after a forced medical retirement I can't just run out and buy another $3K fridge...

So, does the rumored repair actually work, and how $$$ is it?

Thanks,

JS