Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 11-21-2020 05:52 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
userDvrrxhnGwY
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have Samsung refrigerator model RF28HDEDBSR, serial number 1C211312 and have been experiencing ice maker freeze up issues for several years.  Every 2-3 weeks I need to defrost the ice maker to resolve the problem.  Is there a permanent solution for this very frustrating issue?

Thank you 

Robotfly
Comet
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm gonna say no They've been out to repair my refrigerator over 20 times It's never been fixed!! Finally <edit> they gave me a full refund And let me keep the fridge

0 Likes
userR0QUfDxCvo
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi all,

I've read most of the troubleshooting comments, and most don't include all the info I need. Many of the community comments also don't go quite far enough.

MODEL:  RF4287HARS 4 door frig.

My icemaker stopped working. I removed the container to make sure there was no freeze-up. There wasn't so I pressed and held the reset button. Even after 20 seconds, there was no "BEEP."

About 24 hours later, I tripped the breaker for 10 minutes. Turned it back on and reset. Still no BEEP.

There is sound coming faintly from the frig. It sounds like a pigeon "cooing" back there, but no ice.

It seems like I need to replace the icemaker itself, BUT, is there something I should check first?

Thank you all.

userEHWRl4FLVf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've conceded to using a hair dryer with a dish towel laid in the bottom, its a known problem . I'm resolved to not purchase a Samsung Appliance in the future.

useroUCA0y5ZaR
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My ice maker is freezing and I found out this is a problem with a lot of fridges any luck in getting a easy fix?

0 Likes
userEHWRl4FLVf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I use a hair dryer ,with the tray removed , put a dish towel in the bottom . takes maybe 10 min.
reinstall the tray. This will be the last Samsung Apliance I will Ever Purchase.

userIVMm3Re7Cc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our ice maker freezes up almost weekly and requires the ice to be melted and chiseled out before it begins working again.  I know this is out of warranty, but is there now a repair for this that lasts?  If so, how much is it?

Thanks

userQB50GM90Yh
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My ice maker keeps frosting up and it drips. I have defrosted it and reset the ice maker, but it continues to happen. 

0 Likes
Genie1
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

leaking freon try checking for leaks could be to low or not enough freon in your copper it happens when the company's workers forget to do the final check up.

Jess11
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Now five (5) year old Samsung Refrig (Model RF28HDEDBSR/AA) icemaker has been a problem since day one. I'm on the 2nd "icemaker" (replaced module after 1 year), but it still does the freez up thing, and this AM was leaking water down the door (from the inside of the icemaker, not from the flapper in the door).

I've been defrosting this stupid thing every few weeks for the past half decade... but after a forced medical retirement I can't just run out and buy another $3K fridge...

So, does the rumored repair actually work, and how $$$ is it?

Thanks,

JS