Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 12-01-2020 05:03 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
userlOVSu4hQc3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Its pretty bad we have all these posts and Samsung chooses not to fix their problem. We have gone to a counter top ice maker also due to our 3 thousand dollar frisge after 2 years decided not to work properly. We also have temp gauges in both the fridge and freezer aection because the Temp displays the wrong temp and we have to unplug it every couple of days to reset it. JUNK..!!!!

Madrrio
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same model.

I have had to make a routine out of clearing out all the ice, defrosting, etc. 

There is clearly an issue wrong with this.

All of samsungs products are usually amazing, this has given me issues since the 3rd month of owning it 3ish years ago.

Willing to try anything but I have ensured the ice maker has a good seal, seals properly, etc etc etc.

SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would be more than happy to look into this for you.  Could you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Madrrio
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
I messaged you, awaiting response. Thanks
0 Likes
user0uA6SnLdvQ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased a samsung rf28hmedbsr/aa refrigerator and for the past year or more I need to defrost my ice maker because the top is completely covered with ice. I have to defrost this fridge once every couple months. I just did it again last week and started searching for solutions and came across this class action suite. it's very obvious that there are hundreds if not thousands of people dealing with the same issue why is Samsung ignoring this? I purchased this model because it had a great ratings in consumer reports but now I can see I was mislead. 

userlOVSu4hQc3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Due to Samsungs non response to anything ive tried to contact them with. We actually got blamed for the problem by a tech saying we didnt keep the outside of the fridge clean enough..? Are you serious..??

userKpVC9vVAGz
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have tried the long list of things to do to try to get my ice maker from freezing up and I'm tired of having to defrost a $2000+ refrigerator ice maker.  After reading everyone else having the same issue with no resolve I don't expect much help now other than to say I'm not the only person that has said never buy a Samsung...anything they make.  Your customer service is the worse I have ever seen.

user6ZQENZZyc9
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Still having continuous ice maker problems. Defrosting a few times a week is an unacceptable solution. At this point I've given up. It's sad when you have a $2500 refride and you have to buy a counter top ice maker so that kids can actually have ice. Samsung is no help. They try to cover up the problem and continue to make the same design. 

userlOVSu4hQc3
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Samsung wont fix it. We actually had one of their techs blame us for the problem. Saying we didnt keep the outside of the fridge clean. That tells you how bad it is.

0 Likes
userCdCv0br2l7
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This seems to be such a regular problem on the Samsung refrigerators that the owner's manual addresses it. Rather than take measures like ordering filters, adjusting water pressure or defrosting, I just accept it as a product defect and fix it the simple way about once a month. Just remove the ice bucket and then use a long knife or screw driver and scrape off the frost on the roof of the compartment. Then, chip away at the ice stuck on the right upper side. Clear the fallen ice chips into a cocktail glass and add your favorite beverage. Replace the ice bucket so it snaps into place. The unit will then start making ice again over the next 12 hours. The chipping process  only takes about 10 minutes. Just accept this as a regular duty like adding air to your tires. No stress!