Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 12-08-2020 02:59 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
userZAyMxVuqNF
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Well we now join this crappy club.  We have a samsun fridge and the ice maker keeps breaking and freezing over.    We are just 3 months out of warranty and now it is a daily issue.  Clean it out.  Remove frost and frozen ice and start over again.  The re-set does not seem to work, nor does this crappy fridge.  We spent 3 700 on it and feel ripped for every cent.  I can not seem to find any help at all now that the warranty period is over.  Any suggestions and how do I get envolved in this class action.

0 Likes
user6OPzcTuZCN
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have tried to defrost and use codes to clear ice on fan but no luck.  Need service or refund as there are so many of these issues. 

user63FzDXEzzz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had the same problem for 2 years and have called Samsung over  112 times.  They have replaced the ice maker 4 times and issued a replacement ticket 18 times.  It's 2 years later and no replacement.  Now they are offering a prorated refund and I'm pretty sure I'll never see that either.  They are absolutely the worst company ever to deal with and their appliances are no better.  We have been buying bags of ice for close to 2 years after spending $2800 on a new frig.  Unreal.  I did some research and found a company selling ice makers so we gave it a try.  We replaced the ice maker ourselves and I wish I would've done it sooner.  It works great!  I ordered it from partsdr.com.  They have a video on how to replace it and it was pretty easy.  I hope you get a resolution from Samsung, but I doubt it.  

0 Likes
Samsung_jM4k1LB
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Could you please give the link to the product page for the ice maker you installed? 

0 Likes
user63FzDXEzzz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had the same problem for 2 years and have called Samsung over  112 times.  They have replaced the ice maker 4 times and issued a replacement ticket 18 times.  It's 2 years later and no replacement.  Now they are offering a prorated refund and I'm pretty sure I'll never see that either.  They are absolutely the worst company ever to deal with and their appliances are no better.  We have been buying bags of ice for close to 2 years after spending $2800 on a new frig.  Unreal.  I did some research and found a company selling ice makers so we gave it a try.  We replaced the ice maker ourselves and I wish I would've done it sooner.  It works great!  I ordered it from partsdr.com.  They have a video on how to replace it and it was pretty easy.  I hope you get a resolution from Samsung, but I doubt it.  

0 Likes
usersxwdr2a3bP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

We bought our Samsung Smarthub refrigerator from Bestbuy July 2017.  We have bought extended warranty because the refrigerator was very expensive for us.  We've called their Geeksquad 3 times to come fix our icemaker that have been stucked and not making ice. The extended warranty has passed and we have no way to get ice, moreso,  fix our ice maker which is now permanently stucked.  I have done my research and our case is not isolated.  I wanted to know what course of action should we do to have our refrigerator fixed, serviced, or refunded so that we can have a decent, fully working refrigerator.

Thank you.

ZCast

0 Likes
userClCmvk21lk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having this issue ugh.

0 Likes
userSnun3hIhXI
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The icemaker unit for this and other Samsung French door refrigerators are apparently the subject of a class action lawsuit. My icemaker stopped working a month after the warranty expired (of course!). The repairman said there was at least a 400+ unit back order on the redesigned replacement icemaker. Is there any way Samsung can make good on its product? The independent repairman said Samsung products were not recommended, by the way.  I would like to see Samsung replace the bad icemakers for free with the redesigned icemaker unit, even if they only last a few years. RF26J7500SR 

0 Likes
userdB89VQF1jq
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My refrigerator ice maker bucket repeatedly freezes after thawing it out. I replaced the DA97-15217D Samsung Ice Maker Assembly in August 2018 and it worked for a few months, but started freezing up again.  Then, we just decided to stop using ice and buying ice from the store.  My significant others would really like the ice maker to work.  What do I need to do to fix it? rf28hmedbsr

0 Likes
userihfFyeXLrZ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung refrigerator is experiencing all of the same issues listed in the description. Frozen ice maker, leaking water, jammed ice maker, slushy ice and odd noises. Refrigerator is about4 years old..

Model # rf263beaesr 

anyone else experiencing this or have any advisement on what to do. 

0 Likes