Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 12-30-2020 04:32 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
useroytfKusMUk
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same refrigerator....I have to defrost every 2 months from ice buildup interferring with fan. Refrigerator and Stove pair bought in November 2013. Both have so many problems. We finally replaced stove 2 years ago. 

0 Likes
user3VSIgeSUgc
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Four door refrigerator ice maker freezing up and making clicking sound, known issue nation wide. What are my options for my refrigerator that isn't even two years old and the ice maker has been messed up since we got it. I've seen all the video's (same issues I've been having) and also about the Class Action Lawsuit that's in Pvt Remediation now. Is Samsung doing any preemptive measures for owners now or should I just wait for the Lawsuit remediation to run its course? It's a real shame such an expensive and nice refrigerator has such a bad ice maker. Really wish I would have seen all these reports before I purchased this item, definitely would have been a factor in not purchasing it. 

user0kaH6HA5pP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same problem. I don't know how Samsung can get away with this issue. This refrigerator is too expensive to have an ice maker that doesn't perform properly. Will never buy a Samsung refrigerator ever again. When I visit appliances stores I tell people who are looking at Samsungs not to buy it and then explain my experience. 

0 Likes
userBdKh4YrHOn
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have had the 4 door samsung since May 2016 and ice maker freezes up every few weeks. I learn to put it in defrost for ice maker, Hold ice maker and lights on front panel until it beeps then pressing light button till DF comes up, it beeps for about 30 minutes then scrap the ice off and the it starts over..

0 Likes
userXM5PZYEGwI
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am extremely angry over this. My ice maker has been frozen over for a couple of years now. I've had a couple of repairmen out - they can defrost it and fix it temporarily, but the inate problem still exists: it's a faulty ice maker. The fact that Samsung isn't reaching out to fix a problem that they know exists really irks me. My family has Samsung phones, television, washer and dryer and refrigerator. Unless this gets resolved, I'm through with Samsung!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userq9ACk7OvhB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am also having the same issue...just now realizing that it seems to be a much more global issue than i thought...i bought my RF28HMEDBSR in April, 2018 and this began happening in Feb 2020...any assitance is getting this fixed/replaced would be extremely helpful...i just put in a request for service, but my 1 yr warranty has expired already.

0 Likes
userNQlkWc9rTy
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

See my note below. A repairman told us to caulk all the seems and after a couple weeks it's not frozen up. 

0 Likes
userNQlkWc9rTy
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We had this problem for a year. Having to take a blow dryer to it bi-weekly. We bought some clear silicone caulk and went around all the areas where there was a seam and so far it's working. (This was suggested to us by a guy who came to repair our dryer...I asked and he said it's common.)

0 Likes
userDS9CSDgXFB
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung RF28HDEDBSR refrigerator ice maker freezes over, and the ice gets stuck when trying to make ice.  

0 Likes