Original topic:

Ice Maker Issues (not making ice, freezing, etc.)

(Topic created: 03-27-2021 06:45 PM)
usertGuuIwakis
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Having the same problem with Samsung ice maker  freezing up not making ice.  I have to use the blow dryer to thaw it out weekly. It's been replaced by company I purchased it from, but the new ice maker they installed does the same thing. It's a default in factory refrigerator. All of them should have been recalled by Samsung. Samsung is coming out tomorrow to fix it again. We should all demand a replacement refrig.

134 Replies
userv5UlqLS9vc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

They contacted me the same day of my original post and they're sending someone out on 4 Feb. 

0 Likes
userEiTnCeRrxZ
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue. I brought the model RF24FSEDBSR almost 3 years ago and have spent so much time and money on the ice maker issue. I can't believe that this appears to be such a widespread issue with no resolution. I have to defrost my ice maker at least once a week. I really like the refrigerator but this issue is overshadowing my admiration. 

userv5UlqLS9vc
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since 15 Jan 21, we've had to thaw the ice maker every other to every third day. We won't be thawing it out again and will use bagged ice until the repair folks get here on 4 Feb. 

0 Likes
HernanSilva
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm in the same boat, very disappointed with the quality, it looks like it was waiting until the warranty expires to stop working.

The fridge now is making noise making it impossible to be in the kitchen.

0 Likes
userQ2vZ1ITXXv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have been fighting with my ice maker for over 2 years and understand you have a replacement kit that will take care of the issue.

I would like to know how to obtain one of these kits. 

0 Likes
usertEJIXAFvSL
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our French door ice maker keeps freezing up and only dispenses crushed ice   Model RF263BEAESR. Serial <hidden>. It has been doing it since new. Thought we just had to deal with it. What can be done?

0 Likes
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
T
0 Likes
userPbyuNCzygm
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My Samsung refrigerator icemaker Model RF28HMEDBSR/AA hasn’t given me anything but trouble since I bought it. I have to defrost it every week just so it doesn’t freeze up and stop working. Can Samsung not send a replacement for this? Everyone I know that has bought this has trouble with the icemaker. How about contacting me via email. 

0 Likes
Fulagyrl
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Since I bought my refrigerator, I have had problems with the icemaker. Had it repaired 3 times. It was replaced once. Now, it is frozen shut! Researched this issue and a LOT of customers have experienced this problem. I love Samsung. Have tablet, smartphone, and TV. But will NEVER buy another refrigerator. This is too frustrating! 
0 Likes
userTUIGc6Spjp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My RF23M8090SR/AA Ice maker has frozen up.  Is there a defrost for just the Icemaker? I have turned it off but that does not help.  I can not pull out the ice bucket.  It will not dispense Ice. Do I have to defrost the whole refrigerator?

0 Likes