cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator RF18HFENBSR Evaporator Fan freezing up

We have had the thermistor, defrost heater, and drain tubes replaced 2 months ago and the problem is back.  Has any one found a permanent fix for this issue?  If not, my only recourse seems to be a different brand.

Walt

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Refrigerator RF18HFENBSR Evaporator Fan freezing up

Still no definitive fix for this problem.  Tried releveling the refrigerator as recommended by Samsung, fridge froze up again in about two weeks.  I have an independent repairman coming today.  Perhaps he can shed some light on the situation.  

Our refrigerator is mounted in a Keystone Montana fifth wheel trailer.  Keystone installs a lot of these refrigerators.  The Montana Owners Club meets with factory reps once a year to discuss what works and what does not.  I know what I will be bringing to the table this year.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice Maker

My 3 year old Samsung refrigerator ice maker has completely quit working. At first, the maker started freezing over and ice built up everywhere. I had to de thaw it just about every two weeks. From there, the ice maker has completely quit working. I had an appliance service that works on Samsung appliances come out and tell me it would be $700 to replace all the parts. He said it was clearly a problem with the manufacturing of the refrigerator. I then called Samsung was told it was my responsibility to fix this, even though there are many refrigerators with this issue and Samsung as fixed their problem with no charge! 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker

Does the ice maker have an auto shut off and if not why not ? It would solve the overflow if you don't use it often. I know I can turn it off... . Then we have to wait for more. And remember to turn it back on again.😡

Highlighted
Constellation

RF28N9780SG Ice maker keeps freezing up

This is my second Samsung family hub refridgerator that the ice maker keeps freezing up.  The first fridge I bought from Best Buy and I bought there additional warranty, good thing I did.  Best buy came out and replaced the seals on the ice maker to keep warmer air out of the ice maker.  That didn't work so next they replaced the whole ice maker told me there was a known thermostat issue that the new ice maker solved, it did not.  This was all in the first year of having the fridge, now one month after the factory warranty expired the entire fridge crapped out, no cooling what so ever.  This is where I was lucky to have the extended warranty. Best Buy sent there technicians out and after they decided it wasn't feasible to repair they replaced it with a year newer model.  The new fridge has the same problem with the ice maker as the old.  I've put off calling for a repair because it was fruitless with the last fridge and the concern of the fridge completing breaking on me after repairs again not sure I could deal with that again since the last time I had to live out of a ice chest for a month before I received the replacment fridge.  I am at the point now where I think it is BS with what I paid for a fridge that I should just accept this.  I just want a normal fridge that is reliable and makes ice with no issues.  I know I am not alone in this issue as I've seen numerous post about this same issue.  I even saw where people replied back and said Samsung came out and fixed the issue free of charge.  I also saw where there was a class action lawsuit about the very issue with the ice maker.  So Samsung has to have knowledge that there is a serious flaw in there product and hopefully they are acknowledging it.  Did I mention my ice bucket is cracked from being frozen over and trying to remove the bucket as to remove all the frozen over ice.  I'm not intrested in any lawsuit all I want is my $4000.00 Fridge to work an make ice without out issues. Not Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF28N9780SG Ice maker keeps freezing up

My ice maker froze up solid. I have appliance warranty they my local gas company. They came out and replaced it and sealed the whole thing with sealant. Now it is completely froze again. I have Samsung, TV's, phones, and appliances. That is going to change in the future. I have never seen such as this refrigerator. And then for the company to not stand by it. Just a total embarrassment. 

RF263BEAESR/AA  I paid $1599 for this, sad.

Highlighted
Constellation

After I posted this Samsung reached out and got all my info.  They then lined up a technician for me who came out and fixed the issue with the ice maker freezing up free of charge. It's been a little over a month now and everything is still working perfectly the ice maker is no longer freezing up.  Very satisfied with Samsung's response and their following up to make sure I was satisfied 

Highlighted
Astronaut

We are having the same issue, and like you, most of the electronic products we have are Samsung.  This ice maker is driving me bananas!! It freezes over about every 2 days and this time it was frozen shut.  Did you have to find any paperwork pertaining to this refrigerator to get them to repair it?  Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

i have the exact same issue with 2014 model RF31FMESBSR. Did you find the solution to it? Is it moisture leakage to the compartment? I ran a copper line from the bottom heater to the evaporator pipe and doing forced defrost since 3/13/2017.  wait to see if the problem is alleviated.

Asteroid

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

the copper wire did not resolve the problem. Since then I have took apart to defrost twice, and every other day doing a forced defrost. BAD quality product!