cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the ice maker have an auto shut off and if not why not ? It would solve the overflow if you don't use it often. I know I can turn it off... . Then we have to wait for more. And remember to turn it back on again.😡

Highlighted
Constellation

RF28N9780SG Ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is my second Samsung family hub refridgerator that the ice maker keeps freezing up.  The first fridge I bought from Best Buy and I bought there additional warranty, good thing I did.  Best buy came out and replaced the seals on the ice maker to keep warmer air out of the ice maker.  That didn't work so next they replaced the whole ice maker told me there was a known thermostat issue that the new ice maker solved, it did not.  This was all in the first year of having the fridge, now one month after the factory warranty expired the entire fridge crapped out, no cooling what so ever.  This is where I was lucky to have the extended warranty. Best Buy sent there technicians out and after they decided it wasn't feasible to repair they replaced it with a year newer model.  The new fridge has the same problem with the ice maker as the old.  I've put off calling for a repair because it was fruitless with the last fridge and the concern of the fridge completing breaking on me after repairs again not sure I could deal with that again since the last time I had to live out of a ice chest for a month before I received the replacment fridge.  I am at the point now where I think it is BS with what I paid for a fridge that I should just accept this.  I just want a normal fridge that is reliable and makes ice with no issues.  I know I am not alone in this issue as I've seen numerous post about this same issue.  I even saw where people replied back and said Samsung came out and fixed the issue free of charge.  I also saw where there was a class action lawsuit about the very issue with the ice maker.  So Samsung has to have knowledge that there is a serious flaw in there product and hopefully they are acknowledging it.  Did I mention my ice bucket is cracked from being frozen over and trying to remove the bucket as to remove all the frozen over ice.  I'm not intrested in any lawsuit all I want is my $4000.00 Fridge to work an make ice without out issues. Not Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: RF28N9780SG Ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker froze up solid. I have appliance warranty they my local gas company. They came out and replaced it and sealed the whole thing with sealant. Now it is completely froze again. I have Samsung, TV's, phones, and appliances. That is going to change in the future. I have never seen such as this refrigerator. And then for the company to not stand by it. Just a total embarrassment. 

RF263BEAESR/AA  I paid $1599 for this, sad.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After I posted this Samsung reached out and got all my info.  They then lined up a technician for me who came out and fixed the issue with the ice maker freezing up free of charge. It's been a little over a month now and everything is still working perfectly the ice maker is no longer freezing up.  Very satisfied with Samsung's response and their following up to make sure I was satisfied 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same issue, and like you, most of the electronic products we have are Samsung.  This ice maker is driving me bananas!! It freezes over about every 2 days and this time it was frozen shut.  Did you have to find any paperwork pertaining to this refrigerator to get them to repair it?  Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
Constellation

Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this fridge in Sep 2014. Since it went out of warranty (naturally) it has had a constant issue of having ice build up on the back wall behind the evaporator fan in the fresh food compartment to where the fan begins to strike the ice. It gets pretty noisy. The first time this happened I had a repairman tell me that it was a defrost drain issue. He fiddled with the drain tubes behind the fridge and had us defrost the fridge for two days. Since then I have had to remove the evaporator covers and defrost the ice about once each month. I have attached two photos of the ice prior to me taking a blow dryer to it. It appears the ice is forming on the back wall rather than the evaporator tubing inside the compartment. The ice then builds up to encase the pipes and then eventually interfere with the evaporator fan. The evaporator coils are always free of frost, which to me indicates the coil defroster is working properly.

I have read several accounts online of other unfortunate Samsung fridge owners experiencing similar issues, but none have indicated a solution other than the one I have undertaken with a hair drier. Is it possible to affect a permanent repair for this problem? Is there a solution at all? I am getting weary of taking the thing apart and defrosting the ice each month and I don't trust repair people to do much but take my $100 and not do anything.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the exact same issue with 2014 model RF31FMESBSR. Did you find the solution to it? Is it moisture leakage to the compartment? I ran a copper line from the bottom heater to the evaporator pipe and doing forced defrost since 3/13/2017.  wait to see if the problem is alleviated.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

the copper wire did not resolve the problem. Since then I have took apart to defrost twice, and every other day doing a forced defrost. BAD quality product!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fix:  Raise the front.  It is not supposed to have the front wheels on the ground.  This happens because it is not properly leveled, so condensation collects where it shouldn't.  If you tilt it back a bit you should never have to defrost it again. 

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWhzBTnL96U wrote:

Fix:  Raise the front.  It is not supposed to have the front wheels on the ground.  This happens because it is not properly leveled, so condensation collects where it shouldn't.  If you tilt it back a bit you should never have to defrost it again. 

Yes! I re-leveled my fridge as you stated about 6 months ago and I have not had a frosting issue since. I wanted to wait longer before I wrote about this fix just to make sure it worked, but then I saw your post. Apparently it forces the doors to close tighter to prevent humid air from entering, and the slight rearward tilt causes defrost liquid to drain properly. Good solution so far.