cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: French door refrigerator icemaker freezeups.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same problem for the last 6 months on a 2 year old fridge.  We even went so far as to have the dedicated RO water system replaced that only services the ice maker and water dispenser.  Still no help.  I'm tired of buying a ice and spending time hacking away at frozen ice and frost.  Every week we have to do this or it quits making ice.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my ice maker.  I have followed various repair procedures including replacing the ice maker assembly with an updated model.  I still have the defrost issues every few weeks.  Can you help me as well?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usery832tbd2rk   We will be happy to assist. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have had the same issue and have had my ice maker replaced.  Samsung what are the options here?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It seems we are not the only ones with this issue. We purchased the French Door Flex zone model and have had nothing but problems with the ice maker ever since. The icemaker freezes up, the drawer freezes and cannot be removed, we have to defrost, which requires emptying the entire box and turning off the fridge. I see that the "solution" offered by Samsung is to say sorry for your problems. Very disappointed in this product, which has great space, but poor function.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same ongoing issue with having to manually defrost my icemaker with a hairdryer every 2 weeks or so. Is there a solution or am I stuck?

Asteroid

Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice maker on our new Samsung 4-Door Flex refrigerator (model # RF28K9380) has already frosted over and will not make ice.  How do you defrost the ice maker?  Is it normal to have frosted over so fast?  It has only been a month.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are the instructions to reset the ice maker?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the model of your fridge?  That way we can get you the proper instructions.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF23J9011SR.  Can you please post instuctions on how to reset the ice maker?