cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

Since people have used this copper wire to keep the thawing tube open. Has anyone tried attaching a copper wire to the heating coil and running it up to the top where the refrigerant lines come in. Where the ice is actually foaming and hitting the fan blades. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I totally agree.  Samsung has great cell phones and TV's but they on bottom of the line on appliances.  I will never own another !!!! I have had my refrigerator approximately 2 years and 6 months and my freezor is icing up,   I googled and it said to make sure the vents in the freezor have room to breath.  I called Samsung.  Waste of time....Said I needed to raise the front legs and make sure the wheels were not on the floor. Then I call back and they state to call Tekniton and they would help me over the phone or come out.  I was floored when they said it would be $150 just for the service call.  I had two GE refrigerators and did not have one minute trouble for 15 years.  What was I thinking to try something different.  Now I hear nothing good about their appliances.  I wished I would have researched it before buying.  I will make sure to put it on facebook as well to warn people to stay away.

@samsug_rf31f wrote:

the copper wire did not resolve the problem. Since then I have took apart to defrost twice, and every other day doing a forced defrost. BAD quality product!

Highlighted
Constellation

My teenage son after helping me with removing the ice twice told me that the flap that is between the doors in the fridge part was not closing the gap when we closed the door. we got that working and have not had an issue with the freeze up since.
Highlighted
Constellation

WHat type of copper wire ? width ? enameled or not ? 
did it work?

Thanks

Highlighted
Astronaut

Bought ours August 2015. July 2016 had same problem. They had to replace som parts inside cooling chamber, due to faulty design that caused drain at bottom of evaporator coil to freeze up and not properly defrost, Now ice maker has failed and Samsung as a company sucks Septic Pumping trucks. 1st Call May 1, 2nd call May 2, 3rd call May 4. They could not locate calls 1 and 2. 45 minutes on hold..Requested Director of Service, more hold time, reached woman with limited English skills, said she was with call center. Finally told service would occur May 5.
May 5 service agency advises service will occur 5/12. Will be certain to purchase my next Samsung Product, 75 years after hell freeze over.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I went through enormous, prolonged hassles with the icemaker issue with this fridge... and now have to deal with the rear panel icing up problem.... ALL KNOWN ISSUES.The solution (at least for the icing up) is for Samsung to make a replacement part with a LONGER THIN PIECE OF METAL that sticks down into the defroster/coils drain hold. The factory part barely extends down into the hole 1/8 inch. I did my own repair today (removing all the food, shutting down, hairdryer melting ice, etc, etc.) by twisting a 14 guage copper wire around both sides of the bottom of the evaporator heater and down into the hold about 5". Another design flaw: This hole doesn't go straight down.... it flattens out and takes a left turn, allowing a slanted shelf for water to sit and refreeze--which eventually turns into an ice plug, which THEN causes the coils to ice over, block the fan and your food to get warm. Another 5 hours of my  time!!!

The icemaker? Well, I've put about $500 into repairs (Samsung so-called "repair" men tell us that Samsung REQUIRES customers to do EACH OF THE SIX REPAIRS before even considering that something MIGHT be wrong with the lemons they sold us. These are all KNOWN ISSUES with REPAIR BULLETINS dating back for years!

Samsung.... BUY OUR FRIDGES BACK!!! Remove them from showrooms! (Every time I see someone at Lowes or Home Depot looking at one, I walk up and warn them!)

Highlighted
Asteroid

Constellation

I just reported this refrigerator to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission as unsafe. Food not kept below 40 degrees Fahrenheit can be deadly and as far as I can tell Samsung is not taking action to fix this issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the exact same issue.  I bought my Samsung fridge the same time as you and it has been awful.  Every month we have to unload and defrost the fridge.  Is it worth it to play money to have it serviced or should I just go buy a new fridge?  I feel like I am throwing money away if there is no fix for this problem. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Ended up being the thermal fuse attached to the condenser.  Original one had water the little bubble sleeve.  New one does not have the heatshrink bubble for water to accumulate. 

Prior to removing thermal fuse, I put the refrigerator in Forced Defrost.  Nothing happened.  Checked voltage on heat coil, nothing.  Tested thermometer with ohm meter.  Dunked in water and numbers changed.  Then tested the thermal fuse for continuity, and it showed open.  Plugged up new one.  Set Forced Defrost again and I can already start to hear the sizzle as it heated up and burned off some melting water.  I did all the other fixes here with no luck.

Also as a safety measure I replaced the condenser cover with the Styrofoam.  Mine was all jacked up from trying to repair in the past (I wasn’t patient enough to wait for ice to melt).

Advice is check each component in the condenser loop if you get freezing every 1 month like I did.  Once ice starts coming through the bottom holes I knew it was time to debug again.  It became a daily check.  I will update in 30 days with results but I’m pretty confident this will fix it since heater wasn’t kicking on to melt the ice.