cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Evaporator Fan freezing RF263BEAESR French door refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing for me  I've chatted twice with customer service sent emails called Home depot talked to Samsung service

the email response was thaere are no reported issues with this fridge. The rep on the phone told me to level it which I had already done called repair center they want $388 dollars to replace parts that i don't think are the issue.

SamsungSux

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, can you please give advice on how much to tilt the refrigerator by lifting the front?   A fraction of an inch did not work. 

Thank you!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I hate to hear that you're having trouble with your refrigerator. Take a look at the steps below in the link that will help you with the leveling of the unit: 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried it. Did not help. Here's an idea, Design a fridge that works.

SamsungSux

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF260BEAESR Samsung.

I was having he problem with fridge not cooliing and water under the crisper drawer. here is what i did to fix it.

Removed all shelving. (the bottom shelve has 2 buttons on the middle that need to be pressed to release the shelve).

Remove the cover that is over the coils and fan on the back inside of the fridge. (let defrost for a copuple of days and you have to pry off the cover once you remove the 4 screws that hold it in. (the top one is hidden behind a little snap in cover.

I took a pice of copper wire and wraped it around the defrost heating element right by the drain hole and inserted about 3  inches of the copper wire down the drain hole to help provide addition heat and prevent icing.

I then removed the lower panel from the back of the fridge to access the drain tubes where they empty into the evaporation pan. Removed the hose and cleaned the duckbills. I also took a pair of scissors and cut the duckbill up about 1/8 inch to provide a better opening for the water to drain (still not sure what the duckbill does other than keep bugs from entering!( lol).

I put everything bacl together and it is now working fine.

I have a RF260BEAESR Samsung.

I was having he problem with fridge not cooliing and water under the crisper drawer. here is what i did to fix it.

Removed all shelving. (the bottom shelve has 2 buttons on the middle that need to be pressed to release the shelve).

Remove the cover that is over the coils and fan on the back inside of the fridge. (let defrost for a copuple of days and you have to pry off the cover once you remove the 4 screws that hold it in. (the top one is hidden behind a little snap in cover.

I took a pice of copper wire and wraped it around the defrost heating element right by the drain hole and inserted about 3  inches of the copper wire down the drain hole to help provide addition heat and prevent icing.

I then removed the lower panel from the back of the fridge to access the drain tubes where they empty into the evaporation pan. Removed the hose and cleaned the duckbills. I also took a pair of scissors and cut the duckbill up about 1/8 inch to provide a better opening for the water to drain (still not sure what the duckbill does other than keep bugs from entering!( lol).

I put everything bacl together and it is now working fine.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did the troubleshooting help? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have this very problem. We have raised the front and the wheels are not touching the floor, but it still ices over . Also, the ice machine makes noises like it is filling to make ice, but has not made any ice in over 6 months. Have defrosted several times, as well, to no avail 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sames issue for me..service tech visited 2 times and did all that is being recommended on this thread to no avail

Btw Samsung replied back to my complaint see below.

sad Samsung has the cheek to say ..”this is not a known issue” ..what a joke.. 

Subject: Re: Fan noise with fridge
Date: 06-29-2018 12:24 PM

Sadly we cannot guarantee coverage for out of warranty units.  While paying for a repair is not usually a well-liked answer, it is an answer nonetheless.  At this time, this is not a known issue that Samsung is making an accommodation for.  Due to this, we research each symptom on a case by case basis to see if the unit qualifies for anything we can offer.  In cases where we can’t necessarily offer anything other than out of warranty repairs.  We can at least help refer you to authorized repair centers should you wish not to use someone unauthorized.  

Samsung Service Center Locator

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I to have had the same issue. I have now defrosted it 4 times, redone some of the foil backing they installed in the duct area to obviously thaw some of the ice. It is still having the freeze up issue in the top left corner. It only now happens every 2 months. I will now try raising the front wheels.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah! That is great! The evaporator whatevery it is called is burnt finally . Thanks  for the "NICE" design SAMSUNG!!! I have to spent another hundred to buy the past and PUT IT BACK BY MYSELF. Thinking about buying a new refigerator. Anyone have any good suggestions? Whirlpool? orGE?