cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah this happens all the time - but now it’s so bad that I can’t even get the tray out to use a hair dryer.  I’ll never buy another Samsung fridge 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep...my does this too😡. So over it. But we have got to the point where pulling out the blow dryer and resetting it has become a daily occurrence. Love that when you pay so much for something and it doesn’t works the way it is supposed to. When we called JC penny’s they told us that our  warranty had just expired and it would cost $150.00 for someone to come and take a look at it. To me it looks like it was a defect in the product, and not the fault of the buyer. I wish that I would have researched my purchases before I filled my house with Samsung  appliances. 

Model Code RF28JBEDBSG/AA

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is an ongoing problem. I have had nothing but problems from this ice maker from the beginning and Samsung says it is out of warranty and for 125.00 I can get a technician out. They know this is a design flaw.  The hair dryer works good but it only lasts for a few days. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since this seems to be an ongoing problem for alot of people that own these refrigerators, there should be a recall on all the parts of the icemaker and the parts should be replaced for free! It is a reoccurring issue. I have taken the icebucket out numerous time to "defrost" the ice that is stuck in the icemaker.  This helps somewhat, for a little bit of time, only to have it freeze up again.  I understand maybe having to defrost it once in a while, but not every week! Samsung...what are you going to do about this! We all paid alot of money for these refrigerators!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Big design flaw and if you were able to see all the other posts from the last two years, having the components replaced at your own expense is costly plus users reported that the problem came back even though they paid for fixes.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my Samsung fridge for 4.5 years and it freezes up every month.  Every month I have  to force defrost and let it defrost to get ice .  I have had the tech out 6 times and they cannot fix it

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I ahve had to do this and mine is brand new as well.  Samsung acts like they do not care.  Once you bought tough luck.  Very frustrating.  No more Samsung appliances.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where are the instructions to reset the ice maker?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What's the model of your fridge?  That way we can get you the proper instructions.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a RF23J9011SR.  Can you please post instuctions on how to reset the ice maker?