Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userc14WgynhTg
Constellation

RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My 22 cubic ft. Counter Depth 4-Door French Door Food Showcase Refrigerator MODEL NUMBER: RF22KREDBSG/AA has two issues both have to do with ice and leaking water. The Ice cubes get all jammed up inside the ice maker and freezes completely.  This is less than 2 years old and it keeps doing this.  There has to be a fix for this.  Can you please let me know how to get this repaired so that we can use this. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28JBEDBSG/AA Ice Maker Freezes

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your serial number via private message?

userAGcXsivxdE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues with my refrigerator. I've only had mine for a little over a year and I've been dealing with it for at least 8 months. I should've returned it the first time it happened. I love the design of it but hate that water gets everywhere and it stops making ice when it freezes over. Is there a fix for it?

Samsung_nlG0CDJ
Astronaut

Temperature is set too cold I had same problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userAGcXsivxdE
Constellation

Re: Temperature is set too cold I had same problem

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_nlG0CDJ wrote:

It is not set to cold. Thousands of people are having this issue. There is something wrong with the design.

userECnlv9Kp6D
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We’re able to find a solution?  Ours has been doing this too.

userc14WgynhTg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes they were able to replace the ice maker and it fixed it. They sent someone out and it was fixed at no charge. 

userBMMk9HBkBX
Constellation

Ice maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model number RF25HMEDBBSR four door frefrigerator and have had it for 5yrs now and just before warranty ran out ice maker started malfunctioning. Called Samsung to no avail, had to bring in local repair people three times in 2017 to thaw out unit and even had the icemaker unit replaced once but unit kept freezing over. We finally started thawing the unit ourselves to save repair bills. The unit still freezes over every two to three weeks and is just plain outragious that a company of Samsungs reputation has not come up with a fix for the flaw in design in light of what i paid for the unit. There won't be anymore Samsung refrigerators in this household.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user0Z0uqK9lIO
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same problem with my RF28JBEDBSR.  I've had it around 2 and a half years and for the last 6 months or so I need to get a hair dryer out  and de-ice the ice maker every 2 to 3 weeks.  I hope a solution has been found as otherwise the refrigerator has been good.  I've tried all the other suggestions online such as the defrost cycle etc. but no joy. Finally found this forum!