Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

Ice Maker Freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a few years of consistently defrosting the Ice Maker and applying ALL the Samsung recommended engineering updates, I finally just turned down the water pressure to as low as possible and still fill a glass of water from the door.   This would best be described as the water valve to the Refrigerator being "Just Barely On".   Defrosted the ice maker one last time.  That was almost a month ago.  Still, no Iced Over defrost vent!  WooHoo.  Hope it was really that simple all along.   I'll keep reporting but things are looking good.  Worth trying if you are having this issue.

Cheers
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker Freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's great news! We really appreciate your tenacity to get this matter under control. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Three months now and icemaker is still working perfectly.   Not sure if anyone else has tried to see if turning down the water pressure helped.

Cheers
Nomb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You carry the freezer?

user9Ad3UuOC6c
Constellation

Ice Maker leaking and freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the refrigerator was under warrenty, the ice maker needed to be replaced. The replacement Ice maker is now having the same problem the original did. I need it serviced and think this should be covered by Samsung as it is an obvious design defect.

MODEL NUMBER: RF22M9581SR/AA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker leaking and freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please send us a private message to the link with your serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user9Ad3UuOC6c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks to the Samsung team for making sure my issue was addressed and correct.  Great customer service!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem at all. Happy we were able to assist you!

userFasokPS1iX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just moved into new home with this appliance and this happened almost immediately. I have defrosted with a hair dryer...now what do I do? If I have to reste, how do I do this. :/ Not happy with all of this news. :/ Thank you. 

userxmb4bM0Cxx
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue has plagued us for 6 months with our ice maker.   After reading all of these posts it seems there is nothing to be done but to live with the problem or replace it with another brand. 

Samsung should start selling hairdryers with their french door refrigerators.