cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYRz4EGG1ta
Astronaut

Re: I do alot of those Samsung ice makers. They usuallare fro...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you mean the ice room isn't sealed properly? Defective? 

Samsung_OPpDZUZ
Astronaut

Also under NO CIRCUMSTANCES. DO NOT USE A BLOW DRYER. Use...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also under NO CIRCUMSTANCES. DO NOT USE A BLOW DRYER. Use a steamer to defrost it. If u melt or warp the plastic. You will ruin the refrigerator.

userjxXPsSYkWz
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Freezing Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing keeps happening to my refrigerator..this is the second time it has been repaired...new ice maker kit was replaced.  it is very annoying since the refrigerator is brand new.

usertypg1O4cnT
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Freezing Up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, you stole my pictures Smiley Wink  At least saved me from taking the same ones.  I have the same exact problem with mine model RF22NPED8SR.  We usually go about 2-3 weeks before I need to open it up and remove all the chunks.  It's quite infuriating as we only notice when no more ice comes out.

Ours started right before our warranty ended and I thought it was from the ice tray not being all the way in.  After cleaning it and ensuring that it was all in place I was quite surprised to have it happen again but by then the warranty had passed.  It stinks having a full kitchen full of Samsung appliances that work great (stove, dishwasher, microwave and fridge) and having this type of problem.

Has anyone found a solution for it?  

userMmtA0152l6
Constellation

rf23j9011sg/aa Ice Maker Freezes up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have been having issues with the ice maker on our  rf23j9011sg/aa where it will freeze up and stop making ice.  I have to defrost and break away all of the ice before it will start working again.  This has been happening every few weeks for the past 6 months.  Is there anyway to fix this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: rf23j9011sg/aa Ice Maker Freezes up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps; service would be the next option. Please send us a private message to the link: http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userYRz4EGG1ta
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue, defrost and a few weeks later, stopped making ice and had to spend half hour defrosting and drying everything out. I've hit the reset button, what next? Really regretting buying this, and of course, it's out of warranty. 

userMmtA0152l6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung should get in touch with you through the forums or you can call them at 1-800-Samsung.  I had to open my own forum posting before I heard back, but they arranged service and sent someone out to fix it at no cost to me.  That made me feel much better about my purchase.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYRz4EGG1ta  Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number: Link

Highlighted
DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

Ice Maker Freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a few years of consistently defrosting the Ice Maker and applying ALL the Samsung recommended engineering updates, I finally just turned down the water pressure to as low as possible and still fill a glass of water from the door.   This would best be described as the water valve to the Refrigerator being "Just Barely On".   Defrosted the ice maker one last time.  That was almost a month ago.  Still, no Iced Over defrost vent!  WooHoo.  Hope it was really that simple all along.   I'll keep reporting but things are looking good.  Worth trying if you are having this issue.

Cheers