cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCBQPKeAlQ9
Astronaut

ice maker freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model RF263BEAESg  ice maker keeps freezing up.  Seems to problem with a lot of these, tried defrosting, tried sealing the gaps.  Keeps occuring.  Is replacing the ice make an option or will this just happen with the knew one as well.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
userZjozDgfJxv
Astronaut

Refrigerator ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

icemaker keeps freezing up.  Ice builds up on the bottom of the part where the ice comes from, and then it quits making ice.  

I have checked all the seals and temperature is good.  What is the solution?

looks like there is water leaking somewhere causing the ice build up.

thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

userFrn6LMzIyB
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator ice maker freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue. I need to defrost the ice maker at least once a month.  Such a pain. 

usern49rlUZn37
Constellation

RF23J9011SR Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice maker on this model keeps freezing up.   What is the best way to solve for it?   I see alot of different posts.   Seems like something they should fix as a recall.

userQ5FXLa5n1k
Astronaut

Re: RF23J9011SR Ice Maker keeps freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does the same! Would like to get some feedback as well.....

CoolPooh16
Constellation

Refrigerator ice maker freezing over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a Samsung refridgerator model #RF265BEAESR that is less than 2 years old and the ice maker constantly frosts over and ice melts into the bucket and leaks water out of the dispenser. We cannot find a technician to service Samsung because they all say that Samsung support is difficult at best and the parts are substandard. We have attempted to fix the problem ourselves with no success. We have defrosted it multiple times and cleared all vents to make sure airflow is good. None of this has worked. We are very frustrated and are looking a replacing all of our Samsung appliances with something more reliable. This is very disheartening as we were VERY loyal Samsung customers. Is there anything you can do for us or should we just purchse new appliances? (our dishwasher also does not clean the bottom rack.)

userYfJckZRYjK
Astronaut

RF28HMEDBSR/AA - ICE MAKER FREEZES UP

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker freezes up every month. It froze up so bad this last time I had to unplug my refrigerator for 14 hours so the ice would thaw out and I could pull my Ice tray out. The sad part is, they only warrant the machine for 1 year. This is such a hassle to deal with.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: RF28HMEDBSR/AA - ICE MAKER FREEZES UP

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused Have you tried the following?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/#ice-maker-is-not-making-any-ice

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userq0Wa5fCEKK
Constellation

Samsung Refrigerator ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our Samsung refrigerator ice maker has been plagued with the ice maker freezing up and not working. We have to take the bucket out and chip out the ice. We have just gotten so frustrated we have just been buying bagged ice. This is extremely frustrating and should not be happening g with such a new appliance. We bought a Samsung because we trusted the brand and loved the look and features of the refrigerator. Can someone please help us?