Original topic:

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

(Topic created on: 10/24/19 10:14 AM)
userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a super fancy Samsung smart kitchen, including the fridge with the screen. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! It looks like ice is getting stuck while it tries to fall into the bucket below but there is always a big chunck of ice up top, just stuck there. We are constantly having to defrost it, remove the ice and then within a week or two it is frozen again. I am so upset and cannot believe we spent so much money on an appliance that continues to fail. Has anyone found a fix for this? 

1,250 Replies
Samsung_9bD38RJ
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes same thing with me

PWalla
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

yes, I have the same issue with my Samsung fridge and the ice maker. I can't find anything about a fix for this.

userr01j0Qdf4a
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same problem with mine.  I defrost the ice maker and less than a week later it is frozen over again.  This is ridiculous.  

userpuLsGVijOa
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Mine is doing the same (at least monthly) and now the fast defrost function no longer works.  Cost is over $600 to fix so will just buy a portable ice maker.  This is a problem Samsung has been aware of for years - as evidenced by the class action suit on this issue.  Time to invest in a much cheaper portable ice maker for a solution. Everything else on the fridge works.  When it needs replacement, it won't be a Samsung.  They make great TVs and phones but their refrigerators are horrible.

userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just wanted to post an update and say that Samsung came out within days of this post and fixed my ice maker. I had zero expectations when I posted this - hoped maybe someone would have some magical advice but never imagined Samsung would respond and come out and fix the issue. I'm a happy customer and incredibly thankful. Thank you! 

userP3RIe2YLyT
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

What did they do to fix?

0 Likes
cinco3209
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

In or out of warranty?  Thanks.

0 Likes
user96CBmmvBGE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It will happen again, they did the same thing with ours.

userENJWWlZ5G1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I, too, have a Family Hub fridge that has the ice maker freezing problem. The ice maker was replaced approx. 1 year ago and all gaps sealed with silicone. The only improvement has been the unit no longer leaks water into the fridge compartment. I have to use a hair dryer on the ice maker about once every two months, or less. I don't remember reading in the owner's manual about needing to thaw the ice maker with a hair dryer!