cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Issues with my Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This ice maker issue is ridiculous. What can we do about this?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Issues with my Refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As far as I know, nothing. Same goes for the other problem with most Samsung refrigerators which is ice buildup.  There are expensive fixes, but they are only temporary fixes. All links to info about class action lawsuits seem to be removed here :-((

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

RF28HMEDBSR/AA ice maker frozen and jammed with ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started having problems with my ice maker over the summer.  Similar to others on this forum, so I thought i would reply to an existing post, but I have not received a response so I thought you would create a new one. 

Here is the situation - since this summer the ice maker intermittently stops working.   I thought it was a because of the weather and over use of the ice maker, but it has continued into fall and only gotten worse. 

The entire top inside the ice maker freezes over and the ice gets caught between the wall of the freezer and the maker, jamming and  preventing ice from dropping into the dispesner rendering the icemaker useless. 

Every few weeks to a month, I have to shut off the ice maker, get a hair dryer, remove the tray, chop the ice stuck in the maker and melt the ice.  Then a month later it freezes up again.    I've tried resetting and it works for a while before freezing up again.  

It's ridiculous and looks like a manufacture defect.   Samsung, please provide help/guidence.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: RF28HMEDBSR/AA ice maker frozen and jammed with ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Message sent!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Waiting for response. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried the level/seal trick as well as RTV where the ice maker meets the fridge.  Frustrated to say the least.

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Thank you for reaching out, can I have your full serial number in private message

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine does the same thing!  Except it has now gotten to the point that this happens every 5-6 days.  Then, once I chip the ice out, it takes 2 or more days for it to start making ice again.  I'm so frustrated.  I love the look of my Samsung kitchen, but I have issues with every single appliance.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try this link out and keep us updated! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When going to defrost mode, will it just defrost the ice maker or will it defrost the fridge too?  I'm afraid to take these steps until I know what it will actually defrost.   Also, when it's finished in defrost will it go back to running normally or do I have to unplug the fridge and plug it back in?  I'm not happy about this.  This is the 2nd Samsung item we bought that is a problem. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our RF23HCEDBSR Samsung French door refrigerator is the MOST EXPENSIVE kitchen appliance we've ever purchased.  The icemaker has been nothing but trouble for the past 2 years.  I paid for a service call, which required me to totally empty out the fridge into coolers (that's really fun) and to hang around home the entire day while the service tech worked.

I'll NEVER buy another Samsung kitchen appliance again.  Samsung  phones and televisions seem OK, but they've stepped outside their core competency with refrigerators.