cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a super fancy Samsung smart kitchen, including the fridge with the screen. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! It looks like ice is getting stuck while it tries to fall into the bucket below but there is always a big chunck of ice up top, just stuck there. We are constantly having to defrost it, remove the ice and then within a week or two it is frozen again. I am so upset and cannot believe we spent so much money on an appliance that continues to fail. Has anyone found a fix for this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
Samsung_9bD38RJ
Astronaut

Yes same thing with me

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes same thing with me

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userENJWWlZ5G1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, too, have a Family Hub fridge that has the ice maker freezing problem. The ice maker was replaced approx. 1 year ago and all gaps sealed with silicone. The only improvement has been the unit no longer leaks water into the fridge compartment. I have to use a hair dryer on the ice maker about once every two months, or less. I don't remember reading in the owner's manual about needing to thaw the ice maker with a hair dryer!

DCSTRATO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally fixed mine by turning the water pressure down to a crawl.  Still enough to fill a glass slowly.  But it also fills the ice tray slowly and does not splash water and freeze the defrost vent closed.    Been working perfectly since early August.   Worth a shot if you have tried everything else.   Just totally thaw it all out completely one more time and adjust the water valve to where you notice a difference in the flow to a glass.   Good Luck

Cheers
userfIPOTVJlmO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where is the option to turn down the water pressure?

userkbdE8NRLEz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you look into this for me?  I have my model and serial number.  This appears to be a very common problem.  Is this covered under a recall for a defective product?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userkbdE8NRLEz So that we can look into all options for you can you send me a private message with your full model and serial number? 

userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to post an update and say that Samsung came out within days of this post and fixed my ice maker. I had zero expectations when I posted this - hoped maybe someone would have some magical advice but never imagined Samsung would respond and come out and fix the issue. I'm a happy customer and incredibly thankful. Thank you! 

userP3RIe2YLyT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What did they do to fix?