Original topic:

Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

(Topic created on: 10/24/19 10:11 AM)
userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a super fancy Samsung smart kitchen, including the fridge with the screen. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! It looks like ice is getting stuck while it tries to fall into the bucket below but there is always a big chunck of ice up top, just stuck there. We are constantly having to defrost it, remove the ice and then within a week or two it is frozen again. I am so upset and cannot believe we spent so much money on an appliance that continues to fail. Has anyone found a fix for this? 

1,250 Replies
BFoster
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am so shocked to see so many people with ice maker issues with Samsung. I thought I was alone, but I find out I am part of a big crowd. My RF28R7351SG/AA ($3,187.17) Refrigerator continues time after time to freeze over (can’t get bucket out along with no ice because it is frozen) and this is so frustrating. This has happened 6-7 times over the past half year. At first I really did not think anything about it and it was not happening as often, but now after I believe 3 or 4 times in the past 2 months, I start looking around and see that mine is not an isolated issue. I am past the 1 year warranty so; I do not think it is fair for me to pay a technician to fix a known problem.

Samsung – What are you going to do here for me please? In the past 4 years I have purchased $13,335.32 of your products and have been an EXTREMELY loyal customer. I have listed below what and when I made these purchases. Knock on wood, but no major issues with any appliances (except the microwave control board went out in April 2020 and Samsung covered under warranty) I am very satisfied with the Samsung products I have purchased so please do not let me down on this ice maker problem that you seem to know about already. I am really amazed Samsung hasn’t pulled these ice maker models as I see this issue dating back for many years along with a class action case started in 2017? 

Is there a solution I am not finding? Any help appreciated as I am tired of spending 4-5 hours each time to get the ice thawed and machine back to working. $3,187.17 and just over 12 months when this started and yes, I just finished thawing it out and extremely frustrated at the moment but It is not right that I as a loyal customer have to continue to endure this.

Please advise…… (I have all receipts if Samsung needs)

July 20, 2020 - $399.99

UN55TU7000FXZA Samsung - 55" 7 Series - 4K UHD TV - Smart - LED - with HDR

April 22, 2019 - $6498.84

RF28R7351SG/AA Samsung - 27.8 CUBIC ft. 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Food Showcase Fingerprint Resistant - Black stainless steel

DW80R9950UG Samsung - Linear Wash 24" Top Control Built-In Dishwasher with Stainless Steel Tub - Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel

NE59J7850WG Samsung - Flex Duo™ 5.9 CUBIC Ft. Self-Cleaning Freestanding Double Oven Electric Convection Range - Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel

ME21M706BAG Samsung - 2.1 CUBIC Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave - Fingerprint Resistant Black Stainless Steel

August 16, 2016 - $3202.48

UN65KS8000F Samsung - 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV - with High Dynamic Range

HW-K850/ZA Samsung - 3.1.2-Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Atmos® technology – Black

January 7, 2016 - $3234.01

WF56H9100AG Samsung - 5.6 CUBIC Ft. 15-Cycle High-Efficiency Steam Front-Loading Washer - Onyx

DV56H9100EG Samsung - 9.5 CUBIC Ft. 15-Cycle Electric Dryer with Steam - Onyx

WE302NG Samsung - Washer/Dryer Laundry Pedestal with Storage Drawer - Onyx Black (Qty. 2)

0 Likes
userqFBwSQOw2D
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Icemaker will not make more than 3 cubes at a time.  Put a new tray in, didn't help.  Checked water pressure, it's fine.  Pushed reset button, it did a double chime.  Leveled refrigerator, no help.  No water leaking anywhere, just doesn't deliver enough water.  THank you!

0 Likes
UnhappyOwner999
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Like many others, I have been having problems with this product from very early on.

No ice, freezing in ice maker, you know the drill.

Repairperson replaced the ice maker with the "new and improved" version that was supposed to correct the issue.  Worked fine for a while, but now I am getting cubes that are either not fully formed or melted.

I am getting lots of dripping into the tray designed to catch drips, into the refrigerator section, and down into the top of the freezer drawer.

I really can't see myself trusting Samsung products for a major purchase type product ever again...

Signed,  Very Disappointed 

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Jimmer105th
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have a model RF23J9011SR purchased 4-30-16 had a 3 year extended warranty.  Been since the get-go ice maker keeps freezing up. Have seen in post people have gotten refunded ??   need to know what can be done with this.   very unhappy..

0 Likes
useroGZnOdlhBY
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue with my ice maker. I put all samsung appliances in when I did the kitchen. The ice maker worked right for a year. When I called Samsung there was no repair for the unit freezing up that was working. I would defrost the unit every 3 weeks and live with it. Recently it stopped completly and now I see there is a bulliten to repair these units. Im a retired BMW tech. and I can install the parts but it looks like it would need three parts. Can you give me more information on what I would need?

The unit number is RF24FSEDBSR/AA  SN#<HIDDEN>

0 Likes
usernuOotcTzPY
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

So tired of Samsung not responding to my complaints. Sent emails, calls that I'm on hold for an hour with no one even speaking to me. My refrigerator is only 2 years old. Has anyone had their problems fixed??  I just refuse to have to pay someone to repair a 2 years old.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user5VM0owQFVW
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am at my witts end with the Samsung refridgerator that I have purchased. I have only had this fridge a couple of years and within the first year of having it - the door icemaker froze up every 2 weeks. I got to the point where I was just sick of taking a hair dryer to this thing every other week, so now it just doesnt work. 

About 6 months ago, my bottom ice maker quit making ice altogether - and then I get multiple errors on my door panel. I paid $400 for a repair person to come out, dethaw my fridge and tell me that I need to make sure it is level (which I now check regularly!) 

Now, every 3 weeks, the stupid fridge's back panel freezes - which results in the fridge not cooling and making a god-awful noise, because the fan hits the ice, I still have no ice (IN EITHER ICEMAKER - HAVE TO BUY ICE FROM THE STORE, WHICH IS UNBELIEVABLE, CONSIDERING I PURCHASED A FRIDGE WITH 2 ICEMAKRES). 

This fridge was too expensive to have to go through this regularly. I am shocked, and will NEVER buy another Samsung product again. ACTION NEEDS TO BE TAKEN, SAMSUNG! 

0 Likes
user0VH2oDGWmt
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have had the same issue for the 5 years we have owned the refirgerator. We have had technicians out and they have replaced parts and made adjustments trying to solve the problem.  We have been paying for all of these repairs.  I am frustrated having a $3500 appliance that is unable to be fixed.  At some point we will scrap this machine.  

0 Likes