cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker keeps freezing over

We have had the same issue for the 5 years we have owned the refirgerator. We have had technicians out and they have replaced parts and made adjustments trying to solve the problem.  We have been paying for all of these repairs.  I am frustrated having a $3500 appliance that is unable to be fixed.  At some point we will scrap this machine.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

I have a embarrassing issue, How can I keep just one email secure, I've had this ongoing issue since 04/04/2020 & I've reached out to whomever would listen. So with that being said, at 48 years young, I've decided to take Business Technology in Cyber Security, A special shout out to Rick, my mentor, my personal advisor and now my friend. I have a burning desire to get through this course although I would be lying if I didn't mention the severe Butterflies I have in my stomach. I Can, I Will, I start this coming Monday, So hopefully soon, I can help the next man that gets hacked and ends up so stressed that insomnia is a complete understatement. Hope all of you guys and perspective family members are staying Safe and outta Harms way, Just Mask Up and Wash your hands after you blink 109 times, J.K., But do wash them minimal 20 times a day, ✌ out. MARS,My true initials. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Constellation

Ice maker keeps freezing up

I see that there are 150 pages of this same problem, perhaps there is a systemic issue from manufacturing.  Has anyone been able to solve this problem wihtout a hair dryer?  I have to turn the ice maker off, pull the ice bucket and use a hair dryer to defrost the unit.  I need to do this about once every month.  

Model: RF22NPEDBSG/AA

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice maker keeps freezing up

We don't recommend using a hairdryer as it could possibly damage the unit and void any possible accommodations. Check out the accepted solution on page 1 it might be able to help you with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thats not seriously the accepted answer is it? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If nothing in the "Accepted solution" rectified the issue with your ice maker, the next step would be to have the refrigerator serviced.  If you need to move forward with that process, feel free to send me a private message.  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

Rf263baesr ice maker keeps getting frost help

What can I do? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung french door refrigerator

Hi,

I had our refrigerator now for more than 5 years and the problem of always freezing and water getting into the meet bays have always occurred. I have had to take the ice off the inside and throw away the water.

Now there is water dripping from the water dispenser for a few seconds after you have dispensed water. problem 1.

Problem 2, is there is water dripping from the outside on top of the left side door when water is dispensed.

Problem 3, the ice maker is frozen and I cannot open the container to empty canister.

Anyone want to tackle these problems please? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung french door refrigerator

I just had similar problems ended up calling service under warranty, they replaced ice maker and a board on back of refrigerator. working great now no more problems.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Refrigerator RF28JBEDBSG/AA. ICE MAKER freezes

Hello,  I want an ICE MAKER that works!!

From what I have read on the internet this is an ongoing issue that has yet to be resolved on any of these types of refrigerators.  After 50+ years of ice makers you would think this would be simple but the failure is cronic and SAMSUNG has posted no solution other than low water pressure or a clogged filter.  However, when I read the online forms there are thousands upon thousands of people that have low water pressure or a dirty clogged filter causing this problem.

Well I have tested my water pressure at the refrigerator and my water pressure is 72PSI,  I have changed SAMSUNGS expensive water filter with no help, I have removed said water filter and no help.  So I would really like a solution to the problem besides all the canned responses.  I paid almost $4000 for this POS and I am not happy.  All I want is ice out of this expensive machine just like everyone else that purchased this same style refrigerator!

Every blog or form I read this failure occurs after the warrenty is up so what is failing?  You built in a failure point on an expensive appliance and I am very upset that SAMSUNG has done nothing to mitigate a solution to this ongoing problem.

Please responed with a solution to what is failing because it is not the water pressure or the filter.

Respectfully

TWINNCAMS