cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator RF28JBEDBSG/AA. ICE MAKER freezes

I am currently removing the tray every night and pulling out stuck ice cubes from ejector as well as dumping most of the ice each night as with my older model, that is where the freeze up starts. We are also using hair dryer every couple of weeks and have been able to keep it going. When it's working it's great so I'm trying to keep it working. It didn't work for a couple of years but we move and had to put refrigerator in storage so it was completely dried up and worked again in New house.
I understand the new models have a defrost option from panel that addresses issue but ours is older and I suspect I can't retrofit it.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Refrigerator RF28JBEDBSG/AA. ICE MAKER freezes

Hello and thank you for your response.

I understand that works and I have used a hair dryer as well.  However, that is not a solution to a $4k refrigerator.  Yes I do have the defrost option and I can feel it warm up but it does not solve the problem either.  This is an ongoing issue for years now and SAMSUNG has done nothing to fix this.  They have been in multiple class action law suits and yet still this problem keeps occuring in the new models.

Secondly that is not the only issue.  This frig now likes to vibrate at the compressor and make loud noises.  I have a refrigerator in my garage that is 38 years old and it works flawlessly and has never had any maintenance. 

That tells me that SAMSUNG has built-in failure points.

Thank you

TWINNCAMS

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung refrigerator keeps icing

Our refrigerator mode no RF28HFEDTSR tip ice maker has stopped working after only 1 year of using it. Now, the refrigerator will have chucks of ice which stopped the fan from working. So the refrigerator will stop cooling... Our foods get bad.. I am beyond frustrated with this issue that we have to de ice it Alam pat every 2 weeks.. Is there any solution to this other then buying a new refrigerator?? If I have to, I am pretty sure I will never buy Samsung again!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

RF28HMEDBSR Ice Maker

I am also experiencing the over-frozen ice maker every 2 weeks on this model. Is there some kind of repair or fix available? The workaround of running the defrost is not a real solution to make me want to keep this unit. I have to hear a constant beep  for the entire duration of the defrost. Is there a way to disable this beep? The entire experience is a pain. I see all the class action lawsuits and other remedies, but I just want the fridge fixed or replaced. It was purchased in October of 2017 and this problem has persisted the entire time. At first we didn't use ice much, but now we can't even get ice when we need it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice bucket frozen and cannot remove

How do I turn on the ice maker defrost for model RF28R7351SR? I've seen options for a defrost on other models but no mention of a defrost for this model. My bucket is completely frozen inside the ice maker and I cannot get it removed. It did this about a month or so ago and I barely got it out and was able to remove the excess frozen ice around the back of the maker. This time it's completely stuck. I increased my temp in the fridge which seemed to loosen it up tad but still can't get it out. Would be nice to have a defrost option on all models that have the ice maker in the fridge. I'm hoping there's a way to do it on this one too.

Highlighted
Astronaut

ICECUBE MAKER FREEZING UP

we have a Samsung refrigerator # RF22REDBSG1AA , we are having problem's with the icemaker continually freezing shut. We have had to use a hair dryer so often the bin is no longer any good. I cannot find the part number for the bin and Im not sure I want to pay to replace it if this continues to happen. It is freezing all the way to the back on the right hand side, where ice is forming where it overflows. I am aware their is a problem with some of these models, as I have read the reports. I am wondering if anyone can find the part number for the bin of this refrigerator and if they are aware of any modifications or cures for the problem. pretty disappointing when you pay almost $3000 for a nice looking refrigerator and the ice cube maker doesn't work.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Refrigerator model RF25HMEDBBC/AA Icemaker freezes up

We've had it for about 3 years. The icemaker freezes up so that the ice gets jammed and you can't get the bucket out. They came out at least twice trying to fix it and said it was a design flaw. Now I have to manually defrost the icemaker at least twice a month. Samsung really needs to make this right.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice maker on modelRF28HMEDBSR REFRIGERATOR

mY ICE MAKER HAS HAD PROBLEMS FREEZING UP EVER SINCE i BOUGHT THIS REFRIGERATOR IN 2016. i'VE HAD REPAIR PEOPLE OUT AND THEY DID THE PRESCRIBED FIX USING SILICON SEALANT TO NO AVAIL. lAST TIME i CONTACTED THEM THEY SENT ME A VIDEO BASICALLY SHOWING THAT THE PROBLEM CANNOT BE FIXED. i BOUGHT A WHOLE KITCHEN pKG. FROM sAMSUNG, REFRIG., RANGE, DISHWASHER AND MICROWAVE AND I'M REALLY DISCUSTED WITH THE LACK OF RESPONSE FROM SAMSUNG. LAST TIME I CONTACTED YOU ALL YOU WANTED WAS A COPY OF THE REPAIR BILL WHICH I DID NOT KEEP.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker not producing ice - Model RH22H8010SR

you need a new one
Highlighted
Astronaut

samsung refrigerator model number RF220NCTASG/AA ice maker not working

My freezer in my samsung refrigerator model number RF220NCTASG/AA got too full and didnt close all the way one night.

I cleaned it out and made more space so it will close properly, but now my ice maker isnt working.