cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker keeps frosting up and not making ice. Model RF263BEAESR which is 2 years old and out of warranty. This is a known defect. Will Samsung stand behind its product and cover the repair costs?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RF263TEAESG

UPPER ICE MAKER HAS REPEATEDLY FROZEN REQUIRING DEFROST. HAS SAMSUNG COME UP WITH A SOLUTION FOR REPAIR? THIS PROBLEM HAS SOURED MY DESIRE TO PURCHASE ANY SAMSUNG PRODUCT IN THE FUTURE.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

just throw it out had a samsung and they are trash. same problem except in the refrigerator, I changed the mother board, the heating element and the defrost sensor and no luck. better off calling someone to service it or just try to sell as is

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our icemaker in our fridge just stopped working, no ice frozen in the compartment.  Water in the fridge runs fine but it stopped making ice.  if you push the door dispenser you can here it turning just no ice?  Does it need a whole new icemaker?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 3 French Door Refrigerators and all 3 have issues with the ice makers - 1 freezes up, 1 only dispenses crushed ice and the 3 does not dispense at all.  Thought when I was buying Samsung that I was buying a better quality.  Apparently there is an issue with their Ice Makers which cost a fortune to repair.  I would like someone to check this out.  Hesitant to buy Samsung again.  Please check these models and advise if Samsung has addresed.  If not I will have to decide how to proceed.  Thank you ~

1st which freezes up - Model RF263BEAEWW/AA  s/n <HIDDEN> 2ND WHICH DISPENSES ONLY CRUSHED ICE - Model RFG297HDWP/XAA  S/N <HIDDEN> and the third which does not dispense at all RF4287HARS  S/N <HIDDEN>

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Ice Maker is not working properly. It makes ice, but the compartment is not completely frozen. When I go to get ice, water comes out first and the ice is partially melted.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

is the ice maker repair covered out of warranty for the above model

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We've had our French door fridge for a few years now and we've had nothing but issues with it.  We have two major problems with it that occurs about every two weeks at this point.

problem #1 the ice maker........At first we were having issues with the ice maker freezing up. Had a repair person out to fix it but the icing up continued.... I'm getting really good at using a steam wand to get it de iced and working again in about 15 min, but now it seems as though it's putting too much water in the tray and its not releasing the ice cubes and jamming. Any advice around that?

Problem #2 the refrigerator fan makes noise because the ice build up in that area since the design of the defroster and drain are so poor...... to fix this I've had to take everything out of the fridge and steam until I get the back panel off to melt the giant chunk of ice around where the coils come out of the wall of the fridge.....

to be quite honest I'm at a loss! Not sure what to do here. It would seem to me from looking around that the design choices were very poor and caused all of the issues. Has anyone been able to have Samsun fix these issues? I'm at my wits end with this fridge that we paid 3k for that only worked well for the first few months. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice maker stopped working--drawer won't even pull out any more--and the repair guy says this is "a known issue" but there is no recall yet.  Consequently I have paid more than $550 for a new icemaking unit, and I don't even know if this includes an installation cost....  Judging from the number of comments on the message board from people with the same problem, this certainly IS a known issue and Samsung should make good on this.....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had/have the same issue.  Ice maker is a total design failure.  I have observed that the ice cubes when ejected from the freezer tray get stuck between the tray and the wall of the ice maker jamming the device up.  Given that I have spent over $450 on repairs including replaceing the unit.  I solved the problem by removing the ice tray (may be difficult) and removing the jammed ice cubes.  Most of the time I have to use a hairdryer on hot/max to get them melted enough to fall down.  Sometimes a long/heavy duty screw driver works.  Does make a mess but don't see another way around the problem.  Will never purchase another samsung kitchen product again, TV's and phones are OK.