cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker freezing after replacement fridge

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You need to empty some of the skanky old ice now and again. More likely, you've set your freezer too cold, and you live in a humid climate.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Ice Maker not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have a RF28K9380S refridgerator that stopped making ice.. looks to be frosted up.  The fridge is only 1 1/2 years old.... any suggestions.... Renae 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, SUE Samsung!!

They have known about this design flaw for years and refuse to fix it.  They are already being sued in a class action case.  Absolutely the worst product  and if I can persuade even on person not to buy these pieces of junk then I have succeded. How a company can continue to sell something they know is defective and do it in good concience is beyond me.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had Samsuck out 5 times now to fix the exact same issue,  each time a new tech tells us its a different part.  now trhe inside of the fridge is registering (with my own thermometer, not the fridge app) 53 degrees inside.  Samsung has been aware of this manufacturing defect for some time but still keeps trying to fool cunsumers by selling this design, and hoping that know one takes them to court 

Highlighted
Astronaut

RF28HMEDBSR Ice Maker freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Started about a month after purchase. Super frustrating. How can I fix it?  Is it the ice bucket?  Please please tell me how I can resolve.   I chip away ice and defrost and it's good for a day maybe then freezes I'll again. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

My freezer (model code RS25H5111SR/AA) is not making ice

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My freezer is not making ice. I have reset the ice maker, changed the filter, and un-plugged the fridge for 2 minutes. The water on the fridge side is working fine. The ice maker will make a few cubes, but that is it. Please let me know what else I need to do. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

***TRY THIS FIX, IT WORKED FOR ME!***  I  had the same problem with the icemaker freezering up and no ice.  Inherent issue with all the different Samsung models with icemakers in the fridge.  Then I found this video on line after hours of viewing other temporary fixes such as, code resets, blow dryers and ice picking!  Ice would dispense for about a week before the problem would resurface. The problem is when you initially set up the fridge, it is either left alone on the wheels or leveled with the adjustable casters.  This setup causes the icemaker to to overflow when filling with water, dripping over the right side, freezes and stops dispensing when the buildup of ice blocks the sensor mounted near the front.  The solution is that the fridge needs to be tilted back about 1/4" by raising the front casters to keep water from overflowing.  Make sure you start fresh with a defrosted icemaker using the force defrost. It's been over a month now with fresh ice and just a light frost on the underside and right side of the dispenser. It should be noted that the creator of the video stated that this worked for a few months for him before problems resurfaced.  I'm hopeful this solves my problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SZrGZq_60

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Reposting to try and move post to first page.

***TRY THIS FIX, IT WORKED FOR ME!***  I  had the same problem with the icemaker freezering up and no ice.  Inherent issue with all the different Samsung models with icemakers in the fridge.  Then I found this video on line after hours of viewing other temporary fixes such as, code resets, blow dryers and ice picking!  Ice would dispense for about a week before the problem would resurface. The problem is when you initially set up the fridge, it is either left alone on the wheels or leveled with the adjustable casters.  This setup causes the icemaker to to overflow when filling with water, dripping over the right side, freezes and stops dispensing when the buildup of ice blocks the sensor mounted near the front.  The solution is that the fridge needs to be tilted back about 1/4" by raising the front casters to keep water from overflowing.  Make sure you start fresh with a defrosted icemaker using the force defrost. It's been over a month now with fresh ice and just a light frost on the underside and right side of the dispenser. It should be noted that the creator of the video stated that this worked for a few months for him before problems resurfaced.  I'm hopeful this solves my problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SZrGZq_60

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our ice maker keeps freezing up. This appears to be a very well known issue. This needs to be recalled ASAP. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung will not help you. Sorry bro. Mine and my friends with Samsung brand refrigerator ice maker are all defectives.