cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKVTFYKJZLx
Asteroid

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing with mine, it’s a year old. Been giving us problems for 3 months now. Not happy at all. 

userZAV5PFFpQR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have the same issues with mine !!! Do a forced defrost . On front door , hold lighting button & freezer button down simultaneously for approximately 10-12 sec until you hear beeps,  then screen will go blank and there will be letters appear , press lighting button until screen displays FD . It is now in forced defrost mode !! It will continue to beeps for approx 20 min while it's doing the defrost method , be sure to put a towel down to catch any water . Once beeping stops , you are good to go !! Good luck hope this helps .

userRjQRL6w47y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi and thank you. Can you tell me if this is for ice maker defrost only? I don't want to do the whole refer and bottom freezer.

Thank you!

BuggedOut78
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues, of course... Mine was manufactured in 2017.  It is out of warranty, and I am aware of the class action, and see that there has not been any movement on it. Can something be done to help remedy this situation?

Serial # [edit]

Model # RF23M8090SG/AA

Please advise...

BuggedOut78
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues, of course... Mine was manufactured in 2017.  It is out of warranty, and I am aware of the class action, and see that there has not been any movement on it. Can something be done to help remedy this situation?

Serial # [edit]

Model # RF23M8090SG/AA

Please advise... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send a message to this PM Link, and we will be happy to assist you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

uservDGUpKXZH4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just adding to the chorus.  Getting ready to spend $300 on repair.  Very frustrating this keeps happening.  Purchased in 2017 and out of warranty.   

userwfid6XiLd8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to post an update and say that Samsung came out within days of this post and fixed my ice maker. I had zero expectations when I posted this - hoped maybe someone would have some magical advice but never imagined Samsung would respond and come out and fix the issue. I'm a happy customer and incredibly thankful. Thank you! 

userP3RIe2YLyT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What did they do to fix?

cinco3209
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In or out of warranty?  Thanks.