cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased my Samsung 4 door flex refrigerator, model Rf23j9011sr  September 2018 and the warranty expired in September 2019.  Around November 2019 I started experiencing issues with the ice maker not producing any ice because it would freeze over.  It started as a periodic issue and now every couple of weeks I'm having to remove the icemaker bucket and chisel away the ice that is building up in the icemaker. Sometimes the ice build up is so bad, it's almost impossible to remove the ice bucket.  Then when it starts producing ice again, the ice is wet and I have water dripping from the ice dispenser. As of this week, the ice maker seems to only be producing one tray per day. With the summer months approaching quickly, this is a huge issue.  I've seen numerous complaints from other owners with the same icemaker problems and I can't believe that Samsung has yet to take ownership of this design flaw and provide the requisite repairs.  This is very disappointing and frustrating to say the least.  Does anyone know of any open class action lawsuits pertaining to this icemaker issue or if Samsung has issued any recalls yet?    

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have a Samsung  RF22KREDBSR refrigerator that is 3.5 years old. And I'm constantly fighting my ice maker that freezes over.

Im pretty much sure that my fridge is the part of that defective series. I saw a technical bulletin specifically listing my model that deals with this. I think, looking at number of people having the same issue, it should have been a recall not a technical bulletin. 

I need Samsung to address this issue.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice maker keeps freezing up

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issues on my RF28JBEDBSG refrigerator and its over 4 years old.  I've been having to clear the ice for awhile now.  This time its not making any ice!! So frustrating.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice maker now is not dispensing any ice.  It was freezing for quite awhile where i have to clear the blocked sheet of ice and ice cubes.  This time, the ice maker stopped making any new ice.  I've tried resetting and making sure ice maker is set to "on". 

Is SAMSUNG taking care of their customers when they are out of warranty seeing that there's a lot of this issue going on?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fridges ice maker stops working randomly and then it will randomly make ice again. On top of that water/ice pools under the drawer on the botton

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased the Family Hub Refrigerator in November  2018. It has run fine until about 2 weeks ago. The ice maker keeps freezing over and not making ice. It seems to be getting worse each time. At first I could pick of the thin layer of frost. now it is a frozen block and I can't get it to defros . I know that a blow dryer will do the trick, but is that really the only fix? For the price, I would expect to know have to rely on a blow dryer! What is the solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This super expensive refrigorator has not lived up top the price. Ice maker continually stops working. Cold draw cord has been fixed and replaced now twice. We have been asked to join the class action lawsuit against these problems. I would rather settle this with Samsung. This costs way to much for these issues. How can this be resolved?

Model - RF28JBEDBSG-AA

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My icemaker keeps freezing up too, this model is only 2 myears old

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very very disappointed!   Just got this refrigerator 5 mo ago model rf28r7351sg and for the last 2 mo we have been having problems with it freezing up.  Won't make ice and bin cannot be removed.  After researching further, I find that I have made a very bad decision in purchasing from Samsung.  And I even told my husband..."Samsung always has good reliable products, I'll bet the refrigerator will be awesome."  Lesson learned.  I will discourage anyone I know from buying.  I will be researching the class action lawsuit and contacting Samsung directly.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Terrible Ice maker (or non-ice maker).  Samsung should fix this issue