cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I can’t see the original post. Something about bubble wrap. I have wet ice as well
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Family Hub refrigerator with 21" inch touchscreen. $3700 for this thing. I'm not happy. By any chance do you any pictures showing what you did with the caulk? I'm not a super handyman but I could probably do this with just a little more help. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Despite the class action lawsuit, the Samsung support chat reps deny there are  any reported problems in their database.  Seriously!?

However, at least there are more ethical companies out there that are helpful.  Here's a link that addresses some of the issues including caulking.  You want to use Dow 3140 RTV sealant which is what Samsung specifies.

https://edmondappliancerepairokc.com/samsung-french-door-ice-maker-frosting-up/

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done this multiple times and it only happens again. 

What are the other options?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and it started right after the one year warranty was up.  Don't expect it to get better, plan to pull out that hair dryer at least monthly when the ice bin is empty and you will find all the cubes stuck together against the wall of the ice container.   Welcome to the world of Samsung appliances!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Works great but in my experience, you need to bring out the hair dryer pretty much every week. You get ice for about 4 or 5 days and then the process starts all over again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long did you wait after you reset the ice maker before there was ice again?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much, this worked like a charm!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had to defrost the ice maker once a month and that is after I had the ice maker's parts replaced last year.  Is there a problem with the ice maker, bad parts or bad design?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey,

To all the Samsung haters club.   I too am really tired of doing this every week.  Did all the insulations and little metal tabs, etc.  No help.   I recently decided the fill water flow was too fast for the consumption rate of the ice tray since the original ice buildup was "clear" and not "frosted".  I figured that tiny funnel to fill the tray was overflowing and spraying back into the air vent eventually clogging it and just building a small glacier in the back of the compartment.  No defrost vent and now the Frost buildup starts as well.  Our house has a dedicated valve for the ice maker in the wall and easily supplies 90+psi to what looks to only be able to handle a flow rate from about 40psi.  I suspect those with a pipe tap or lower water pressure might not have issues with this unit.  I turned the valve almost off until water filled a cup slowly but not forcibly.   One week and NO Ice Buildup, but the jury is certainly still out on this massive insult to engineers like myself everywhere.  Here is my next purchase hoping to fix this issue for $15:   https://www.amazon.com/Hydronix-SB-FPV-40-Pressure-Reducer-Protection/dp/B01CFOGH6O

W. Zaggle

Cheers