cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We still have our icemaker freezing up. Samsung knows there is a problem and has class action lawsuits for this matter. I'll never buy another fridge from Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem as everyone else here has reported.  Ice maker has never been stellar, but it worked....up until last week....now, frosted over and no ice.  Defrosted, hair dryer, repeated, etc.  PM'd one of the mods and will see what gets suggested.  Overall, such a disappointing situation for all. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue. I've had my refrigerator since 2018 and never had an issue until this week. Ice maker is frozen.... thawed it out and lasted about a week before more frost.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can see how this may be frustrating. Can you give these troubleshooting steps a try?

1.  When was the last time you changed your water filter? 
  2. After you defrost the ice maker, have you tried to reset the ice maker? 
  3. Is the unit leveled 
  4.  https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue for six years. its a defect in the refrigerator design. There is a class action lawsuit against Samsung for the ice maker. I filed a complaint with the New Jersey BBB and, although Samsung called me, they sent me to four different agents and kept me on hold for over an hour. There was no follow up and no one offered a solution. Apparently, they don't care enough about their customers to do the right thing. I wish you luck. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My fridge model #RF25HMED3SR

ice maker keeps freezing and accumulating lots of ice. I will scrape the ice, it works for 7-10 days then freezes again. Help! Is it the seal? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long have you had your fridge? Do you see any seal damages anywhere?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Get used to it.  It is a design deffect, which they will not admit to.  I have have this blasted box for four years, and every month you have to defrost to get ice.  Then, its mushy ice at best!  There is a class action suit going on right now, let's see what happens.  Samsung needs to stand behind their machines AND customers.  Unfortunately, up till now, both are being left in the "cold".

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the explanation

-------------------------------------Signature------------------------------------------

[US only] Save on your online purchases with the cashback site trusted by 10 million users

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a rf22npedbsr/aa that I bought just over a year ago. The ice maker keeps freezing over. Seems like this is a common problem with these. It's very difficult trying to get any help. I'm not going to use a hair dryer. Can anyone help?