Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice maker is frosted over

Sorry here's the link to the video for ordering /installing the retrofit kit:

https://youtu.be/4WrzNhySQa8

Step-by-step instructions on how to see if your Samsung refrigerator has Y-Clips to help prevent excess frost or ice buildup in the ice maker compartment. Pa...
Highlighted
Constellation

Ice Maker replaced 3 times

When we purchased our Samsung Refridgerator RF22K9581SG/AA00 we opted for the 5 year service plan and that God we did.   Our ice make is a LEMON.  Ice Build Up and then it stops working.  The Ice that did somehow make it to the bucket will melt and when I press to get ice a nice stream of water pours out.  We have had the ice maker replace 3 times and a new service call in for a fourth.  Our service plan is set to expire so if it happens again we are out of luck.  This is so frustrating and something that no one who spends a small fortune on a refridgerator should have to deal with.  I am beyond dealing with this anymore and want a refund.  How do I get this done???

ICE MAKER REPALCED

10/12/2016

07/14/2017

5/24/2019

7/14/2020 (service call placed)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice Maker replaced 3 times

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send a recent ticket number, or the model and serial numbers, to this PM Link, and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

SamsungLou,

I sent you a private message today with my model and serial numbers. Can you look into options / accomodations.  I understand the class action lawsuit is in mediation... whatever that means.  I am anxious to get the full assembly replacement and get this issue behind me.  Pray that Samsung will assist with compensation.  Please let me know if you are able to work my case.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hello the PM link you gave me was dead.  Please send a new one so I can supply the required information.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung 

I had same problems everyone experienceing with frost and ice jamming.
The ice bucket and auger assembly were the latest so I worked from there to resolve the issue.

1. sealed the ice room......problem persists.

2. pulled auger assembly, checked fan motor to ascertain it worked...running fine with 12VDC.

2a.  With auger Assy  removed checked the water inlet tube. Found it properly positioned.
3. installed drip clips on ice maker evaporator coil.....problem persists.

4.checked dispenser door and ice bucket sealing...all sealing well.

5.tilted refrigerator .....problem persists

Now comes my deduction.
I noticed that the ice room fan had a third wire. Well, on computer fans, which are similar, this is usually an indication of a PWM motor which changes speed dependent on temperature. Nowhere could I find how to check the fan while the fridge is running...nowhere.  My deduction was to first replace the main

control board. Well, that did resolve the ice maker frosting up. It's been 2 months and not a hint of frost and more than enough ice. It is opinion the ice room fan operation is critical in keeping frost from building and jamming of cubes. Somehow, Samsung must find a way to determine the ice room  fan operation when all the parts are in place and fridge running.

Highlighted
Constellation

Refrigerator Model RF23HCEDBSR Ice Maker Issue

For the last year, my ice maker has had issues and now it won't work at all. Of course, now it is out of warranty due to me waiting too long to complain. 

Any advice on fixing it? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Refrigerator Model RF23HCEDBSR Ice Maker Issue

I'm sorry to hear that, is your ice maker freezing up? Also how long has this been occurring? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

On and off for over a year then completed stopped working the last 3 months.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001012/