cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Refrigerator

Not sure how to get my messages to you. Did you get my model and serial number?

Constellation

Re: Refrigerator

I had a Samsung fridge....it was nothing but problems, botched repairs and broken promises. Samsung needs to stick to phones and TVs

Constellation

RF28HDEDBSR/AA Icemaker Freezes Up and Quits - Posts say "Solved" but don't see solution!

I see that this has been a recurring problem for owners of this French Door refrigerator/freezer model for a long time, and that apparently Samsung wasn't going to do anything about it.  Now I see the heading:

Solved: RF28HDEDBSR/AA Ice Maker Issue

But nowhere on this board is an actual solution! This is a very expensive model and I would expect help and support from Samsung. The ice maker started freezing up over a year ago - we've tried everything that has been suggested on this board over and over again. Finally gave up and have been making ice in trays in my chest freezer in the laundry room - totally inconvenient and ridiculous considering what we paid for this refrigerator with ICE MAKER!

So, is there a solution or isn't there?

Asteroid

Re: RF28HDEDBSR/AA Icemaker Freezes Up and Quits - Posts say "Solved" but don't see soluti

A lot of us are posting about this, did you find any further info or resolution? 

Astronaut

Ice Maker

My ice maker stops every 60 -90 days... and then I have to defrost the unit...  yes every 60-90 days it accumulates enouigh frost to stop making ice...     the refregiator is only 2 years old... it has been doing this for the whole two years...  Help... Help....  Has Samsung fixed this design flaw yet?   Can I get it fixed?   Using the hair dryer takes 15 minutes every 60 days and then we are out of ice for 24 hours.

HELP!

Model RF28HFEDESR/AA 

Product Expert

Re: Ice Maker

Hi @user1dVxatYYVD 

I can only recommend that you call 1-800-SAMSUNG, that way you can get a certified tech to come to your home and diagnose/fix.

It can be a few things causing your issue, such as the water fill tubes, water inlet valve or even a filter. DIY isn't recommended as it can cause other issues, that's why it's best to get a tech to your home.

I hope this bit of info helps out. Have a great one. 

Constellation

Ice Marker on RF30HBEDBSR not making ice

I have the same ice maker problems that it seems every other person that owns your refrigerator has. I have been clearing the ice marker for over a year now using the Fd function of the refrigerator. Tilting the refrigerator slightly toward the back slowed the build up of ice, but never fully fixed it. This last time, it stopped making ice long before the build-up blocked anything, and now it is doing nothing. I tried the reset button, but it just beeps once, makes noise for 6 minutes, and then beeps again. No Ice. I unplugged it for 2 minutes, and plugged it back in. No errors. Performed the reset again, but still nothing. I've cleaned all the vents and drains, checked the rubber pieces above the drip pan for clogs, replaced the water filter, checked the water pressure, made sure the water line was not frozen and all are fine. The coil in the ice maker gets cold, but I don't see any ice come out. I forced it to defrost again, and there was some water in the ice marker once that was done, but it never produced ice. With no error codes, I don't want to just assume a part is bad, and that not fix anything especially with all the issues everyone has with these ice makers.

Asteroid

Samsung icemaker freezes up completely.

We've had our Samsung fridge for around 6 months now. The icemaker has completely frozen up twice now. Is there an actual solution to prevent this from happening every couple months?  Pulling the ice box and chipping away ice a couple times a year for the next 10 years isn't an option. I love Samsung TVs but between the ice maker and the leaky pitchers, this has been the worst fridge we've ever owned and I'm frankly tired of putting this much time into fixing a nearly new $3000 refrigerator.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung icemaker freezes up completely.

Hello, my sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Honestly, there could be a variety of different reasons why you would be experiencing this. Let's a check a few things off:

• Has the water filter been changed?
  • You have tried to defrost the ice maker, but have you tried to reset it?
  • Have you tried to lower your water pressure?
    • High water pressure can cause water to splash when it is entering the ice tray which would aid in the ice maker freezing over.
  • Is the unit properly leveled? (see the link below to confirm)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Re: Samsung icemaker freezes up completely.

New filter, ice maker has been reset, water pressure has been reduced. Unit is level. In the 5 weeks since I've posted this, I manually cleared the ice again, and the icemaker worked for approximately a month. It's frozen again, and I can't pull the ice tray out. Last time it froze I nearly pulled the entire front of the ice tray out, this time I think the whole thing might break off when I try to pull the tray out.