cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have to defrost the ice maker every couple of weeks.  I have seen that many many others have the same problem and that there is a class action lawsuit against Samsung.  I have also seen that some people are actually getting help from Samsung in solving the problem.  What can I do to get help?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.  Thousands and thousands complain about this.  I have to Force Defrost ours once a month.  Not  only is that  a hassle, but it took forever to figure out how because mine has different buttons than most who post this solution.

Samsung, please help!  Have you made a replacement model icemaker that  doesn't leak????????

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same tune for us here, two year old 4 door flex fridge is on the flex-fritz.

Shortly after pandemic quartine started the ice maker tub was empty.  Checked the innerds and it was a block of frost and undispensed cubes.  Defrosted it with a hair dryer (which wasn't all that difficult) and hit the reset button.  Worked for a month then out of service again.  I really didn't want a service person in the house, but now it's late July and I want it fixed.  

Fortunately we have a 5 years extended plan with Lowe's, so we will see how that plays out.  Appointment is for this Monday (7/27.)  

Let you know how it works out.   Overall, I like this refrigerator, but this problem could be a deal breaker.  We had a 14 year old Kitchenaid side-by-side and it made the most perfect, large, crystal clear ice cubes.  This Sammy is very weak in the ice department even when it's working! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My follow-up:  Lowe's Warranty service came yesterday with a tech service kit which contained new seals, a part that went at the back of the ice maker, and a new motherboard for the ice system.  Installed in about 40 minutes and ice maker is back in operation.  The tech said he's done many of these and this fix seems to work.  Time will tell.  There is a complete tech service bulletin out on this problem and the parts are readily available.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our ice maker stopped making ice suddenly this past week. I reset the ice maker and it started making ice again for two days. It stopped working again two days ago. Resetting does not seem to help anymore. I heard the confirmation ding and came back a few hours later and still no ice. The ice maker is not frozen over. It's clear of obstructions. I have also removed and replaced the ice tray underneath to make sure there wasn't some issue with that. My model number is RF360BEAESR. Is there something else I should be checking? I know the water line is working as it did make ice for two days after I reset it the first time. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

About a week ago, my refrigerator was running very loudly. The noise was not 24/7 but frequent enough.

So I tried step one of any repair: I unplugged it for about 10 minutes and plugged it back in.

Good news is that the noise seems to have stopped.

Bad news is that the ice maker seems to have stopped working too.

I tried hitting the "RESET" button the past three days, and I hear the chimes,  but all that happens is that some water winds up in the ice bucket. (I've checked and this happens right after the second chime, it's not that there was ice and it melted.)

The refrigerator and freezer both are working and are keeping food cold--ice cream in freezer is solid, not mushy.

I have also noticed puddles of water in front of the refrigerator a few times this past week.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We bought a Samsung fridge a year ago. Had to have it serviced twice and again the ice maker froze up. I learned that this is a flaw with Samsung icemakers. There is nothing that can be done other than checking the icemaker weekly once you defrost the ice build up. We had to use hair dryer in order to avoid shutting down the fridge. If I would have known this I would never have bought a Samsung. Big mistake. I will never buy a Samsung appliance again. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have tried already so I can better assist you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have this problem for years

model RF28JBEDBSG/AA

the usual 'fix' was to thaw the ice build up..  and repeatedly press the Reset Button..  

however this time, nothing works..    not sure a repair is the area I want to spend my money either..  Love my Samsung TV...  but pretty sure not putting any more money into a ANY Samsung appliances again..  lots a good TVs out there too..