cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, sorry to hear that you are having this problem. If I was you I would contact the Samsung, and let them know the problem that is occurring. It seems that it might be their fault, the way they made the fridge. Try to mabye look it up on YouTube, and see if you can fix it.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought this Samsung family hub refrigerator some time last yr and now  the ice maker keeps freezing up.  I bought this fridge from Best Buy some time last yr.  And now the ice maker keeps freezing. I called best buy but I'm out of warranty from them. They dont care that I've invested over $5000 in a fridge stove and microwave. Now I have a constant issue where the ice gets frozen between the wall and ice maker and doesnt drip into the bin. Now because it doesnt drop into the bin I cant retrieve the ice and the fridge reads the ice maker as being full.   I know this is a common issue and I expect some kind of positive response. I have had issues with the dish washer and best buy had to come and swap out the dish washer because I am at the point now where I think it is what I paid for a fridge that I should just accept this.  I just want a normal fridge that is reliable and makes ice with no issues.  I know I am not alone in this issue as I've seen numerous post about this same issue.  I even saw where people replied back and said Samsung came out and fixed the issue free of charge.  I also saw where there was a class action lawsuit about the very issue with the ice maker.  So Samsung has to have knowledge that there is a serious flaw in there product and hopefully they are acknowledging it.  I'm not intrested in any lawsuit all I want is my $4000.00 Fridge to work an make ice without out issues. Not A Happy Customer. And this is not to mention the family hub App has even worked in 4 months. So I have no connectivity to the fridge. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

When was the last time you changed your water filter?

Have you tried to reset the ice maker?

Have you tried to lower your water pressure? High water pressure can cause water to splash when it is entering the ice tray which would aid in the ice maker freezing over.

Is the unit leveled? (see link below)
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last changed my filter 3 weeks ago but I have consistently changed the filter every 6 months. I have also ensured that the fridge is level and  Have tried to reset the ice maker to try to redeem/remedy the issue but it always continues. I even emptied out the little bit of ice I have and unplug the fridge to melt all a via ice and it still occurs after about 3 weeks I don't know how others have fixed this issue but I have seen many people complain about the same exact issue in this community.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. After 8 months of the screen not working and after 3 service calls to finally get it fixed, this starts. 

@user6XGDHarGEe wrote:

Last changed my filter 3 weeks ago but I have consistently changed the filter every 6 months. I have also ensured that the fridge is level and  Have tried to reset the ice maker to try to redeem/remedy the issue but it always continues. I even emptied out the little bit of ice I have and unplug the fridge to melt all a via ice and it still occurs after about 3 weeks I don't know how others have fixed this issue but I have seen many people complain about the same exact issue in this community.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have experienced the same issue with our refrigerator. The service person did come out and "fixed " but a few months later it has frozen up again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My ice make in my Samsung refrigerator ice freezing  up all the time and now it is not making any ice. I need to know what in the heck is wrong with this thing, besides it is a Samsung. Does anyone have any ideas how how to fix this issue. It started happening right after the warranty ran out. Called Samsung approximately 15 days after the warranty and the told me to call a repair person because it is out of warranty and there is nothing that they can do. Great customer service. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours does the same thing. Air is leaking thru the door in the ice shoot because it is not sealing properly. In our case we have lime build up on the gasket on the flap. Try cleaning it...not an easy task.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungBri

I been having this issue for a long time.  By Samsung not helping with the situation it really left a bad taste in my mouth.  

everything that you have put in your response to my post,  I have done. What I would like,  is for Samsung to fix this issue. I am at wits end and going to start looking for a different refrigerator. The refrigerator is the last thing in the house that is Samsung. Everything else has beef sold and replaced. 

So if you could help me that would be great. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung model RF28JBEDBSG black stainless steel refrigerator and my ice maker keeps freezing up.  frost acumulates on the ice bucket and there is ice surrounding the ice maker. i often have to get something to chip the ice off so it will make ice.  is there a recall notice for this? what can i do to get this issue resolved???? it is very frustrating having to do this on a regular basis just to get ice.

@userwfid6XiLd8 wrote:

I have a super fancy Samsung smart kitchen, including the fridge with the screen. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! It looks like ice is getting stuck while it tries to fall into the bucket below but there is always a big chunck of ice up top, just stuck there. We are constantly having to defrost it, remove the ice and then within a week or two it is frozen again. I am so upset and cannot believe we spent so much money on an appliance that continues to fail. Has anyone found a fix for this? 

@userwfid6XiLd8 wrote:

I have a super fancy Samsung smart kitchen, including the fridge with the screen. The ice maker on the fridge keeps freezing! It looks like ice is getting stuck while it tries to fall into the bucket below but there is always a big chunck of ice up top, just stuck there. We are constantly having to defrost it, remove the ice and then within a week or two it is frozen again. I am so upset and cannot believe we spent so much money on an appliance that continues to fail. Has anyone found a fix for this?