cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Ice Maker Keeps Freezing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungIceMaker.jpgIs there an update at all regarding Samsung's ice maker issues? I regret buying the whole kitchen due to having nothing but problems with this Ice Maker freezing up every four days. The finish on my hard wood floor due to it melting and freezing constantly is not going to be  a cheap fix. Guess I gave Samsung too much credit at the $2800 spent on an Ice box. Almost to the point that I am thinking of filing an insurance claim and letting them deal with Samsung due to there lack of support throughout the warranty and then after the warranty, without a fix from the start. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so mad at Samsung for failing to fix these issues that everyone is having.   I have to defrost the ice maker weekly now.  I called Samsung and they told me they could send a technician....at MY cost.  Even though there is a class action lawsuit out there and they know it is a problem.  My icemaker motor smells when it freezes and I imagine it is only a matter of time before it starts burning.  Samsung needs to take responsibility for their terrible product and fix the issue.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the Samsung RFG237AARS It’s been repaired once under warranty now the warranty has ran out. The freezing up in the back of the refrigerator is happening again.  The fan is making such a bad sound.  I’ve taken everything out of the fridge to defrost.  I cannot afford to have some come out to rip me off.  I was quoted $560.00.  I bought this refrigerator because I thought it was of great quality.  My old Whirlpool refrigerator in the garage works just fine at 20years strong.  I called Samsung they told us the replacement part would cost 200+ .  I need Samsung to own up to this piece of junk!  You made a lemon 🍋 give us back our 2100.00 so I can buy American.  I want in on the lawsuit.  I bought my refrigerator from Best Buy/ Pacific Sales.  Never again.  Now I’m forced to look at YouTube videos doing some DIY comedy- tilt the front- blow dryer - defrost for a couple of days.  Come on this is in CRAZY insane. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine was repaired multiple times and Samsung failed to replace my unit even when it was eligible for one (and failed to inform me of this - just found this out a year later). They're also trying to charge me for depreciation on the unit.  What a joke.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is doing nothing on the class action. Ours is 5 years old. Icemaker parts are coming out in our glasses. some are metal gears. can't get the unit to latch in. Just spent $500 2 weeks ago on an inner fan that quit and had no cooling for over a week waiting for the part. Dry ice is $5 a pound and we spent over $100 on dry ice just trying not to lose all our food.

Samsung fridges are all rated at the bottom on Consumer Reports. Frustrating that when we bought this one, it was rated high. Samsung is worthless now. Won't make good their products. 

Same problem with their Blu Ray's now too. Worthless after warranty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this fridge in Oct 2015. Since it went out of warranty it has had a constant issue of having ice build up on the back wall behind the evaporator fan in the fresh food compartment to where the fan begins to strike the ice. It gets pretty noisy. The  repairman tell me that this is a common issue  He  us defrost the fridge for two days. Since then I have had to remove the evaporator covers and defrost the ice about every 2 weeks.  It appears the ice is forming on the back wall rather than the evaporator tubing inside the compartment. The ice then builds up to encase the pipes and then eventually interfere with the evaporator fan.  The refrigigerator does not keep its temperature for I have a thermometer inside and while the door panel says 37 degrees but the thermometer inside shows  about 45 degrees and when eventually the fan stops it goes over 50 degrees, spoiling my food.

I am now looking to purchase a new refrigerator but I  I hate to throw away money on something that should last about  12 years or more.

I have read several accounts online of other unfortunate Samsung fridge owners experiencing similar issues, but none have indicated a solution and I hope Sansung takes care of it customers to resolve the issue that are affecting to many people .

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bot this 4 door unit at Lowes in 11/2015 for $2498.

last 2 years have had repeated ice maker freeze ups.

read and did service bulletins and sealed ice bin.

had to repeatedly reset and remove frozen ice around unit.

gave up last year in april and have been purchasing bagged ice.

now temp control is bad -reads 34 but is 48-and have spoiled food and cream.....

ready to buy new fridge...probably wont be a samsung.

asking for a refund of some sort to ease the pain ...

saw class action lawsuit is in arbitration now.

please respond.

thx

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

- Problem: Ice maker freezes over repeatedly (since day 1). Frozen ice clogs some kind of vent near the back of the icemaker, causing a fan to run non-stop until the obstruction is removed.  Happens approximately weekly. Refrigerator is properly level.

- Model Number: RF22KREDBSR

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump. Any response from Samsung?  Any troubleshooting steps I can take?

@SamsungBri @SamsungCaleb 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Love the fridge except for the ice maker.  Continue to struggle with ice dams that require weekly removal.  Time consuming and frustrating.  When will a solution be available?  Using a hair dryer to melt ice doesn't make sense and now not even coming back on reliably.