cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: French door refrigerator icemaker freezeups.

I'll try turning the water pressure down and hope.  I'm very disappointed in Samsung.  We've never spent as much for any appliance before, and will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance again; I think they've stepped outside of their core competency with appliances.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same. Sad....

Highlighted

I have the same problem on RF28HMEDBSR. Bought in late 2017. Issues started about 20 days after end of warranty. Is this a fixable problem? Will samsung take responsibility for this rampant issue? Or do I just cut my loses make this my garage fridge and switch brands forever?

Highlighted
Astronaut

You should have Samsung allow a repair.. since this is a known issue, then when it fails again (which it will) request a full refund. If u need guidance search on facebook "samsung refrigerator" and u will find a page that will guide u thru the refund process. Hopefully u see this before moderator decides to delete it 😂 good luck to you and Get your money back!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We apologize for the inconvenience, could you send us a private message with your full serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same issue! Different fridge! I called Samsung and was told this isn't warranted, although a known issue... Really? I wasn't happy and needless to say, my husband is now shopping for a new fridge and we will NEVER buy another samsung product again. Very annoying since we have always had great experiences with our Samsung products. The phone in support person told me to defrost the fridge. After 3 days and about $100+ of lost meat from my freezer, I fixed the problem by myself. Defrosted and set it up and its working well. My concern is that it will happe again. I did the online chat and the person "ASSURED" this will n to happen again. I told him this is a known issue and is known to reoccur. He said "I assure you it won't". I said - all I'm looking for is a way to avoid the issue from reoccurring.... No help. No answer. So now what? Do i just sit and wait for this to happen again? How do we prevent this from happening again? My husband said we get rid of the samsung fridge... Ugh... not happy. 

Torrieny

Highlighted
Astronaut

My fridge does this as well, is there no fix? My fridge is level and at the correct temperature. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same problem.   My icemaker freezes up all of the time and I have to defrost it which is ridiculous for a frige this expensive, but now it won't even reset and makr any ice.  This is the most expensive and least impressive refrigerator that I have ever owned. I have told about 25 friends and 30 co-workers that this refrigerator is a piece of junk and NEVER buy Samsung. Price be , my next refrigerator will be SubZero, Wolf stove or any German made appliance.  Model # RF26J7500SR/AA     S/N <HIDDEN>   ICE MAKER # SZAB001TA1

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had the same problem for the last 6 months on a 2 year old fridge.  We even went so far as to have the dedicated RO water system replaced that only services the ice maker and water dispenser.  Still no help.  I'm tired of buying a ice and spending time hacking away at frozen ice and frost.  Every week we have to do this or it quits making ice.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same problem with my ice maker.  I have followed various repair procedures including replacing the ice maker assembly with an updated model.  I still have the defrost issues every few weeks.  Can you help me as well?